List of terrorist incidents in November 2019
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of some of the terrorist, alleged terrorist, or suspected terrorist incidents which took place in November 2019, including incidents by violent non-state actors for political, religious, or ideological motives.
- To be included, entries must be notable (have a stand-alone article) and described by a consensus of reliable sources as "terrorism".
- List entries must comply with the guidelines outlined in the manual of style under MOS:TERRORIST.
- Casualties figures in this list are the total casualties of the incident including immediate casualties and later casualties (such as people who succumbed to their wounds long after the attacks occurred).
- Casualties listed are the victims. Perpetrator casualties are listed separately (e.g. x (+y) indicate that x victims and y perpetrators were killed/injured).
- Casualty totals may be underestimated or unavailable due to a lack of information. A figure with a plus (+) sign indicates that at least that many people have died (e.g. 10+ indicates that at least 10 people have died) – the actual toll could be considerably higher. A figure with a plus (+) sign may also indicate that over that number of people are victims.
- If casualty figures are 20 or more, they will be shown in bold. In addition, figures for casualties more than 50 will also be underlined.
- Incidents are limited to one per location per day. If multiple attacks occur in the same place on the same day, they will be merged into a single incident.
- In addition to the guidelines above, the table also includes the following categories:
- 0 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 1–19 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 20–49 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 50–99 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 100+ people were killed/injured by the incident.
Total incidents: 13
|1||Shooting||54||3||Ménaka Region, Mali||2019 Indelimane attack: 53 soldiers and a civilian were killed in a suspected Islamic terrorist attack on a military post in In-Delimane, in the Ménaka Region near the Malian border with Niger. The attackers reportedly fled towards the border after the attack. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack.||Islamic State||Northern Mali conflict|
|2||Car bomb||13||30+||Tell Abyad, Syria||November 2019 Syria bombings: A car bomb exploded in the middle of a marketplace in the district center of Tell Abyad, Raqqa Governorate, near the border with Turkey. 13 civilians were killed and at least 30 were injured. The attack was blamed on the PKK.||PKK (suspected)||Kurdish-Turkish conflict|
|6||Ambush, bombing, shooting||37+||64||Fada N'gourma, Burkina Faso||2019 Fada N'gourma attack: Islamic militants attacked a Canadian based mining company killing at least 37 and injuring over 65. The attack happened between Boungou and Fada N'gourma mine sites on a convoy transportation.||Islamic State (suspected)||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|6||Shooting||15||5||Yala Province, Thailand||2019 Yala attack: Islamic militants killed 15 people and injured five at a security checkpoint in Yala Province. The attack is the deadliest in Thailand in many years.||Patani United Liberation Organisation (suspected)||South Thailand insurgency|
|10||Car bomb||8||26||Tell Abyad, Syria||November 2019 Syria bombings: At least 8 people were killed and 26 wounded in the northeastern city Tell Abyad in Syria. Syrian Kurdish separatists are blamed for the attack.||PKK (suspected)||Kurdish-Turkish conflict|
|11||Car bombings||6||21||Qamishli, Syria||November 2019 Syria bombings: Two car bombs detonated in a commercial district and one car bomb near a hotel. Six people were killed, 21 injured. The bombing happened in the city of Qamishli, Syria. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claimed responsibility for the attack and the assassination of a priest in Eastern Syria.||Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant||Syrian Civil War|
|13||Suicide car bombing||12 (+1)||20+||Kabul, Afghanistan||November 2019 Kabul bombing: A suicide car bomber detonated his car with explosives targeting a Canadian private security convoy of GardaWorld. 12 Afghan nationals were killed, including three children, and 20 others were injured including four foreign nationals. The attack happened during rush hour in Afghanistan in the capital, Kabul.||Taliban or Islamic State (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|13||Suicide bombing||0 (+1)||6||Medan, Indonesia||2019 Medan suicide bombing: A suicide bomber blew himself up near the Medan Police's headquarters. Only the attacker was killed. Four police officers and two civilians became injured. The attacker had connections with Islamic State-affiliated Jamaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD).||Jamaah Ansharut Daulah||Terrorism in Indonesia|
|16||Car bombings||19||50||Al-Bab, Syria||November 2019 Syria bombings: Multiple car bombs detonated near a bus terminal killing 19 and injuring 50 others. Turkey pinned the blame on the PKK. The bombing happened in the city of Al-Bab, Syria.||PKK (suspected)||Kurdish-Turkish conflict|
|18||Shooting, ambush||43 (+17)||29||Gao Region, Mali||A convoy of Malian soldiers was ambushed by terrorists killing 43 and wounding at least 29, in the Tabankort area of Gao, Mali. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack.||Islamic State||Northern Mali conflict|
|23||Car bomb||10+||25||Tell Abyad, Syria||November 2019 Syria bombings: A car bomb exploded in a main street in Tell Abyad. At least 10 people were killed and 25 wounded. The attack was blamed on the PKK.||PKK (suspected)||Kurdish-Turkish conflict|
|26||Car bomb||17||20||Tell Halaf, Syria||November 2019 Syria bombings: A car bomb blew up in the Tell Halaf village near the Syrian border. 17 people were killed and 20 were wounded after the attack. Turkey suspects the attack were done by the PKK.||PKK (suspected)||Kurdish-Turkish conflict|
|29||Stabbing||2 (+1)||3||London, United Kingdom||2019 London Bridge stabbing: A mass stabbing at London Bridge results in two civilians killed and three others injured. The attacker, 28-year-old convicted terrorist Usman Khan, wearing a fake explosive belt, was shot dead by police. The stabbing is confirmed as a terrorist attack. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack without giving evidence.||Islamic State (claimed)||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
- "Jihadists kill scores of soldiers in Mali attack". The Guardian. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Mali attack leaves more than 50 soldiers dead". CNN. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "'Terrorist attack' on northern Mali military post kills more than 50 soldiers". France24. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Islamic state claims responsibility for Mali attack". November 2, 2019 – via www.reuters.com.
- "Bomb kills 13 civilians, injures 20 in Syrian town on Turkish border – Ankara". RT International. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Over a dozen killed in car bomb attack near Turkey-Syria border". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Turkey blames Kurdish militia after deadly bombing in Syrian town". Reuters. 2019-11-02. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- Connelly, Eileen AJ (2019-11-03). "Car bomb kills 13 in Syrian border town, Turkey blames Kurds". New York Post. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Deadly car bomb in Turkish-controlled border town". 2019-11-02. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Car bomb in Syrian border town kills 13". www.cbsnews.com. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Thirty-seven killed in attack on Canadian miner Semafo convoy in Burkina Faso". Reuters. 2019-11-06. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Several dead in attack on Canadian miner Semafo's convoy in Burkina Faso". Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Canadian mining firm's convoy attacked in Burkina Faso, 37 dead". CBC. November 6, 2019.
- "Burkina Faso: 37 killed in attack on Canadian mining convoy". November 7, 2019 – via www.aljazeera.com.
- "Insurgents attack security checkpoint in Yala, 15 killed". Bangkok Post. 6 November 2019. Retrieved 26 November 2019.
- "Three blasts kill at least 6 in Syrian town near Turkey". www.aljazeera.com.
- "At least 12, including children, killed in car bomb blast in Afghanistan". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- "Afghanistan: Kabul car bomb kills 12, including kids". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- "Car Bomb Kills 12 in Afghan Capital, Kabul". Voice of America. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- "Ledakan 'bom bunuh diri' di Polrestabes Medan, polisi 'jadi musuh nomor satu'". BBC (in Indonesian). 13 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- Gunawan, Apriadi (13 November 2019). "24-year-old man behind suicide bombing at Medan Police HQ, police confirm". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Suspected suicide bombing targets police in Indonesia's Medan". Al Jazeera. 13 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Medan terror suspects pledge allegiance to IS". ANTARA News. 20 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Deadly car bomb blasts rip through bus terminal in Syria's al-Bab". www.aljazeera.com.
- "At least 24 Mali soldiers, 17 'terrorists' killed in Tabankort during joint operation with Niger". The Defense Post. November 18, 2019.
- "Number of soldiers killed in Mali clash rises to 43". https://www.outlookindia.com/. External link in
- "ISWAP Claims Credit for Ambush on Malian Soldiers in Tabankort, Reports 60 Casualties | Statements | Jihadist News | Articles". ent.siteintelgroup.com.
- "Car bomb kills at least 10 people near Syria's border with Turkey". November 23, 2019 – via www.reuters.com.
- "Turkey says car bomb kills 17 near Syria's Ras al Ain". November 26, 2019 – via www.reuters.com.
- "Turkey says car bomb kills several in Syria region it controls". www.aljazeera.com.
- Specia, Megan (November 29, 2019). "Police Shoot Man on London Bridge, Calling Case a 'Terrorism Incident'" – via NYTimes.com.
- "London: Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Bridge Attack That Killed 2, Injured". Bhakti Hargunani. Republic World. 1 December 2019. Retrieved 1 December 2019.