List of the largest evangelical church auditoriums
This is a list of the largest evangelical church auditoriums. The list is based on the human seating capacity of the evangelical church auditoriums.
The building of an Evangelical Christian megachurch has a main auditorium for worship services, as well as additional rooms for children and teenagers, small groups and sometimes a cafeteria or a gym. .
Criteria for inclusion
- Only church auditoriums are included in this list. Church tents, canopies and overflows are excluded from the list. For example, the Redeemed Christian Church of God three million capacity church campground fails this criteria as it is not a completely enclosed building.
- The figures are based on sitting capacity of the auditorium from weekly services. Figures from monthly/yearly conventions, congress and outreaches are not factored in this list. For this reason, the seven million plus average attendees to the convention of Redeemed Christian Church of God is not included in this list as it is not a weekly service.
- The estimates are based on human sitting capacity in a single service. Churches with multiple consecutive services will be for only one service. For example, Faith Tabernacle, which holds four services every Sunday in its 50,000 capacity auditorium will be included as having 50,000 and not 200,000 in the list.
- Only auditoriums with a capacity of 10,000 and above are to be included.
|Auditorium name||Church||Senior Pastor||Year completed||Capacity||Location||Notes|
|The Hand of God||Salvation Ministries||David Ibiyeomie||2020||120,000||Port Harcourt, Nigeria|||
|Glory Sanctuary Dome||Dunamis International Gospel Centre||Dr. Paul Enenche||2018||100,000||Abuja, Nigeria||Upon completion, regarded as the largest church auditorium in the world.|
|Living Faith Church Worldwide||David Oyedepo||1999||50,000||Lagos, Nigeria||On January 24, 2008, it was recognized by Guinness Book of World Records as the worlds' largest church auditorium.|
|Word of Life Bible Church||Ayo Oritsejafor||2014||35,000||Warri, Nigeria|||
|Deeper Christian Life Ministry||William Kumuyi||2018||30,000||Lagos, Nigeria|||
|Calvary Temple||Calvary Temple||Satish Kumar||2013||18,000||Hyderabad, India|||
|Lakewood Church||Joel Osteen||2005||16,000||Houston, United States|||
|Perez Dome||Perez Chapel International||Charles Agyin-Asare||2011||14,000||Accra, Ghana|
|Mega Frater||Fraternidad Cristiana de Guatemala||Jorge Lopez||2007||12,200||Mixco, Guatemala|||
|Church of the Nations/Bethel Israel Tabernacle||International Evangelism Center - African Interior Mission||Hortense Karambiri||2020||12,000||Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso|
|Yoido Full Gospel Church||Young Hoon Lee (pastor)||1973||12,000||Seoul, South Korea|||
|Crenshaw Christian Center||Frederick K. C. Price||1989||10,145||Crenshaw, Los Angeles, United States|||
|Universal Church of the Kingdom of God||Edir Macedo||2014||10,000||São Paulo, Brazil|||
|Christ's Commission Fellowship||Peter Tan-Chi||2014||10,000||Pasig, Philippines|||
|Redeemed Christian Church of God Greenville||Redeemed Christian Church of God||James Fadel||2013||10,000||Greenville, Texas, United States|||
|The Rock Cathedral||House On The Rock (Church)||Paul Adefarasin||2013||10,000||Lagos, Nigeria|||
|National Temple||The Apostolic Church Nigeria||ES Awojide JP||2011||10,000||Lagos, Nigeria|||
|House of Hope||Salem Baptist Church of Chicago||James Meeks||2005||10,000||Chicago, United States|||
- Anne C. Loveland, Otis B. Wheeler, From Meetinghouse to Megachurch: A Material and Cultural History, University of Missouri Press, USA, 2003, p. 66-70
- George Thomas Kurian, Mark A. Lamport, Encyclopedia of Christianity in the United States, Volume 5, Rowman & Littlefield, USA, 2016, p. 1477
- "How Redeemed Church successfully hosted millions of worshippers for a week". Premium Times.
- "RCCG To Build 3km Long Auditorium". Eagle Online. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Outrage Over Adeboye's 3-km Long Church Auditorium-PM News, Lagos". Sahara Reporters. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "RCCG To Open Its 12 Million Capacity Arena in August". Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "RCCG is not expanding fast enough". Pulse. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Provoking favour through kingdom advancement endeavours!". The Nation. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Accessing our New Dawn Heritage through the Force of Faith!". Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Leke Beecroft, The World Largest Church Auditorium Built By Pastor David Ibiyeomie in Port Harcourt To Be Ready in 2020, See Pics, abujareporters.com, Nigeria, January 28, 2019
- "Dunamis Glory Dome And Envious Critics". Leadership Newspaper. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Taylor Berglund, World's Largest Church Auditorium Dedicated in Nigeria, charismanews.com, December 7, 2018
- "See Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World's Largest Church Auditorium". Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Photos: World's largest church auditorium in Abuja". PM News. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Discover Nigeria: Faith Tabernacle, an Engineering Wonder of the World". July 5, 2012. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Barnaby, Phillips (November 30, 1999). "Church of the 50,000 faithful". BBC. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Nigeria: Living Faith Church @ 25: Oyedepo Recounts Achievements". allAfrica.com.
- Adenike Orenuga, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor dedicates multi-million naira church auditorium in Warri, dailypost.ng, Nigeria, January 17, 2014
- "Inside Ayo Oritsejafor's Ministry". Encomium Magazine. September 2, 2014. Archived from the original on April 3, 2018. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- "World Megachurches". leadnet.org.
- "Church gets 30,000 seater headquarters worth N5M". Pulse. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "After 15 years, Deeper Life Church completes 30,000 seater headquarters (photos)". Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Michael Brown, 7 Lessons From The World's Fastest Growing Congregation, christianpost.com, USA, 13 December 2015
- John Leland, A Church That Packs Them In, 16,000 at a Time, nytimes.com, USA, July 18, 2005
- J. Kwabena Asamoah-Gyadu, Contemporary Pentecostal Christianity: Interpretations From an African Context, Wipf and Stock Publishers, USA, 2013, p. 124
- Josué León, Fraternidad Cristiana de Guatemala conmemora su 37 aniversario, prensalibre.com, Guatemala, February 28, 2016
- Alice Suglimani Thiombiano, Inauguration de « l’Eglise des Nations » :« Nous allons intensifier les prières pour le Burkina Faso », Pasteur Karambiri, burkina24.com, Burkina Faso, January 11, 2020
- Stanley D. Brunn, The Changing World Religion Map: Sacred Places, Identities, Practices and Politics, Springer, USA, 2015, p. 2334
- John Dart, 'FaithDome'--Jesus' Grand-Slam Homer: $9-Million Geodesic Dome Draws 8,100 to First Service, latimes.com, USA, September 11, 1989
- Simon Romero, Temple in Brazil Appeals to a Surge in Evangelicals, nytimes.com, USA, July 24, 2014
- Roderick T. dela Cruz, How a young architect designed the country’s largest worship center, manilastandard.net, Philippines, March 23, 2014
- Tegan Hanlon, Redeemed Christian Church of God dedicates $15.5 million Pavilion Center, dallasnews.com, USA, June 19, 2013
- Sunday Oguntola, Inside the multi-billion ‘House on the Rock’ cathedral, thenationonlineng.net, Nigeria, April 14, 2013
- Inemesit Udodiong, 11 things that are never going to change about this denomination, pulse.ng, Nigeria, August 14, 2017
- Associated Press, Chicago megachurch opens doors for 10,000, usatoday.com, USA, July 4, 2005