List of things named after Erwin Schrödinger
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of things named after the Austrian theoretical physicist Erwin Schrödinger.
- Einstein–Schrödinger equation, see Wheeler–DeWitt equation
- Schrödinger's cat, a thought experiment devised by Schrödinger that illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects
- Schrödinger equation, an equation formulated by Schrödinger that describes how the quantum state of a physical system changes in time
- Schrödinger field, a quantum field which obeys the Schrödinger equation
- Schrödinger method, a method used to solve some problems of distribution and occupancy
- Schrödinger operator, see Hamiltonian (quantum mechanics)
- Schrödinger picture, a formulation of quantum mechanics in which the state vectors evolve in time, but the operators (observables and others) are constant
- Schrödinger–Newton equation
- Robertson–Schrödinger relation
Related mathematical concepts and equations
- Nonlinear Schrödinger equation
- Schrödinger functional
- Schrödinger group, the symmetry group of the free particle Schrödinger equation
- Schrödinger (crater), a lunar impact crater
- Vallis Schrödinger, a long, nearly linear valley that lies on the far side of the Moon
- 13092 Schrödinger, a main belt asteroid
- The Erwin Schrödinger International Institute for Mathematical Physics
- Erwin Schrödinger Prize of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (1956)
- Schrödinbugs, a type of software bugs, related to Heisenbugs, that manifest themselves in running software only after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.
- "Schrödinger" – A Dirac codec implementation developed by David Schleef.
- Schrödinger (company), a scientific software company
- Schrödinger (Hellsing), a fictional character in the Hellsing manga series by Kouta Hirano
- "Schrödinger FAQ". Retrieved 2011-03-05.