This is a list of tortilla-based dishes and foods that use the tortilla as a primary ingredient. A tortilla is a type of soft, thin flatbread made from finely ground corn or wheat flour that comes from Mexico and Central America and traditionally cooked on a comal (cookware). Originally derived from the corn tortilla (tortilla in Spanish means "small torta", or "small cake"), a bread of maize which predates the arrival of Europeans to the Americas, the wheat flour tortilla was an innovation after wheat was brought to the New World from Spain while this region was the colony of New Spain. It is made with an unleavened, water-based dough, pressed and cooked like corn tortillas.
- Alambre – Mexican food
- Arizona cheese crisp – Cheese dish
- Burrito – Tex-Mex dish consisting of a wheat flour tortilla wrapped to enclose the filling
- Chalupa – Mexican specialty dish
- Chilaquiles – Traditional Mexican dish
- Chimichanga – Mexican and Southwestern American dish
- Corn burrito – Mexican-style dish made of corn tortilla filled with refried beans
- Don Tacos – Japanese snack food
- Empalme – Mexico originated food
- Enchilada – Corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a sauce
- Entomatada – Mexican dish made of folded corn tortilla fried and bathed in tomato sauce
- Fajita – Tex–Mex dish
- Garnache – Mesoamerican dish
- Gringas – Variety of tacos
- Huevos motuleños – Yucatán breakfast dish
- Huevos rancheros – Mexican breakfast dish
- Nachos – Tortilla chip dish
- Panuchos – Tortilla dish from the Yucatán peninsula
- Quesabirria – Mexican dish
- Quesadilla – Mexican dish of tortillas with melted cheese
- Salbutes – Tortilla dish from the Yucatán peninsula
- Sincronizada – Mexican tortilla
- Taco – Mexican filled tortilla food
- Talo – Unleavened maize flatbread from Basque Country
- Taquito – Mexican dish
- Tlayuda – Traditional Oaxacan dish
- Tortilla chip – Snack food made from corn tortillas
- Tostada – Flat or bowl-shaped tortilla that is deep-fried or toasted
- Bayless, Rick; Brownson, Jeanmarie; Bayless, Deann Groen (25 October 2000). Mexico One Plate At A Time. p. 138. ISBN 9780684841861. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Moldenhauer, Edward (30 December 2014). Spin the Globe: The Incredible Adventures of Frederick von Wigglebottom. p. 26. ISBN 9781490753089. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Page-Reeves, Janet (3 July 2014). Women Redefining the Experience of Food Insecurity. p. 57. ISBN 9780739185278. Retrieved 19 January 2015.