List of towns and boroughs in Pennsylvania
This is a list of towns and boroughs in Pennsylvania. Listed first is the one incorporated town in Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg. Despite being officially recognized as a town, it is subject to the Pennsylvania Borough Code. A list of all 956 boroughs incorporated in the state under the Borough Code follows. Boroughs and towns are subject to the Borough Code, and, unlike other forms of incorporated municipalities in Pennsylvania, are not classified according to population.
An additional twenty boroughs listed here are home rule municipalities, and the state classifies these as boroughs for certain purposes, even though they do not operate under the Borough Code in Pennsylvania Law. These boroughs are designated in the table below with a dagger (†) and are also found in the List of Pennsylvania municipalities and counties with home rule charters, optional charters, or optional plans.
In addition, two boroughs, Quakertown and Weatherly, have adopted optional plans, which allow them to change their form of local government but do not significantly change those boroughs' relationships with the state.
† Home rule municipality
- List of municipalities in Pennsylvania
- List of cities in Pennsylvania
- List of counties in Pennsylvania
- List of Pennsylvania Municipalities and Counties with Home Rule Charters, Optional Charters, or Optional Plans
- List of townships in Pennsylvania
- List of cities and boroughs in Pennsylvania by population