List of twin towns and sister cities in Africa
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of twin towns and sister cities in Africa. That is, pairs of towns or cities in different countries in Africa which have town twinning arrangements. Where known, the date of formation of the twinning agreement is included in parentheses.
Note that the list is likely to always remain incomplete, since no canonical list of such arrangements exists; even those towns that are listed may well have arrangements which are not listed here. However, a searchable, interactive list is maintained by Sister Cities International. Note also that any twinning arrangement should be listed at two locations in the series of lists: once for each of the towns involved in the arrangement.
- 1 Algeria
- 2 Angola
- 3 Benin
- 4 Botswana
- 5 Burkina Faso
- 6 Cameroon
- 7 Cape Verde
- 8 Djibouti
- 9 Egypt
- 10 Equatorial Guinea
- 11 Ethiopia
- 12 Gambia
- 13 Ghana
- 14 Kenya
- 15 Lesotho
- 16 Liberia
- 17 Libya
- 18 Madagascar
- 19 Malawi
- 20 Mali
- 21 Mauritius
- 22 Morocco
- 23 Mozambique
- 24 Namibia
- 25 Niger
- 26 Nigeria
- 27 Republic of the Congo
- 28 Democratic Republic of the Congo
- 29 Rwanda
- 30 Senegal
- 31 São Tomé and Principe
- 32 Sierra Leone
- 33 Somalia
- 34 South Africa
- 35 Sudan
- 36 Swaziland
- 37 Tanzania
- 38 Togo
- 39 Tunisia
- 40 Uganda
- 41 Western Sahara
- 42 Zambia
- 43 Zimbabwe
- 44 References
- Columbia, United States
- Fada N'gourma, Burkina Faso (2003)
- Louisville, United States (1979)
- Niamey Commune II, Niger (2008)[dead link]
This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Republic of the Congo
Democratic Republic of the Congo
São Tomé and Principe
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Anniversary of sister-city relations". KCNA. 6 January 2000. Archived from the original on 19 September 2001.
- Jérôme Steffenino, Marguerite Masson. "Ville de Grenoble – Coopérations et villes jumelles". Grenoble.fr. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Sister Cities Home Page". Archived from the original on 10 August 2011. eThekwini Online: The Official Site of the City of Durban
- "International Relations of the City of Porto" (PDF). [[copyright|]] 2006–2009 Municipal Directorateofthe PresidencyServices InternationalRelationsOffice. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 January 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2009.
- C.M. Porto
- Prefeitura.Sp – Descentralized Cooperation Archived 24 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- International Relations – São Paulo City Hall – Official Sister Cities Archived 21 May 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Burbank's Sister Cities". Burbank Sister City Organization. Archived from the original on 26 June 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "Gaborone, Västerås city councils twin". Gaborone: Daily News. 27 October 2011. Archived from the original on 23 June 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2012.
- Mooketsi, Lekopanye (1 April 2009). "Chinese firms to build massive industrial park". Mmegi. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 3 August 2010.
The last event was the signing ceremony for a twinning arrangement between Zhejiang Province and the Gaborone City Council.
- "Tamale establishes links with sister city in Burkina-Faso". Ghanaweb/Ghana News Agency. 31 December 2003.
- Columbia's Sister Cities Archived 8 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Sister Cities of Louisville
- "Tamale signs MOU with Niamey Commune II". Modern Ghana/Ghana News Agency. 23 January 2008.
- "La Rochelle: Twin towns". www.ville-larochelle.fr. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- "Acordos de Geminação" (in Portuguese). 2009 Câmara Municipal de Coimbra – Praça 8 de Maio – 3000-300 Coimbra. Retrieved 25 June 2009. External link in
- "Sister cities of İzmir (1/7)" (in Turkish). Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Lagos, Nigeria". Washington DC, USA: SisterCities International. Retrieved 2015-03-28.
- "Sister Cities of Compton". comptonsistercities.org. Archived from the original on 23 January 2016. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Coopération". Brazzaville.cg (in French). Commune de Brazzaville, Congo. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Geminações de Cidades e Vilas: Lisbon" [Twinning Cities and Towns: Lisbon] (in Portuguese). Lisbon, Portugal: Associação Nacional de Municípios Portugueses [National Association of Portuguese Municipalities]. Retrieved 2015-03-12.
- "Acordos de geminação, de cooperação e de amizade" [Twinning agreements, cooperation and friendship] (in Portuguese). Lisbon, Portugal: Camara Municipal de Lisboa. Archived from the original on 31 October 2013. Retrieved 2015-03-12.
- USSR and Third World, Volume 3. Central Asian Research Centre. 1973. p. 209.
- Twin Cities of Ankara
- Jibril, Dahir (3 October 2013). "Mogadishu roads get much needed upgrades". Sabahi. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- 友好城市 (Friendly cities) Archived 19 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine., 市外办 (Foreign Affairs Office), 22 March 2008. (Translation by Google Translate.)
- 国际友好城市一览表 (International Friendship Cities List) Archived 13 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine., 20 January 2011. (Translation by Google Translate.)
- 友好交流 (Friendly exchanges) Archived 12 November 2014 at the Wayback Machine., 13 September 2011. (Translation by Google Translate.)
- "Universitätsstadt Marburg Partnerstädte". marburg.de. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- (in French) Coopération internationale (Municipalité de Tunis)
- http://www.aboutaberdeen.com/Twin-City-Aberdeen-Stavanger-Norway Retrieved 29 Dec 2016