List of twin towns and sister cities in Hungary
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is a list of places in Hungary having standing links to local communities in other countries. In most cases, the association, especially when formalised by local government, is known as "town twinning" (though other terms, such as "partner towns" or "sister cities" are sometimes used instead). While most of the places included are towns, the list also comprises villages, cities, districts, counties, etc. with similar links.
- Kouvola, Finland
Kőszeg is a member of the Douzelage, a town twinning association of 23 towns across the European Union. This active town twinning began in 1991 and there are regular events, such as a produce market from each of the other countries and festivals.
Pécs is twinned with:
- Tisovec, Slovakia
- Ormeniş, Romania
- Mýtne Ludany, Slovakia
- Seinäjoki, Finland
- Leuterhausen, Germany
- Dürnten, Switzerland
- Berlin-Zehlendorf, Germany
- Reutlingen, Germany (1990)
- Christchurch, United Kingdom
- Rimavská Sobota, Slovakia
- "Sister cities of Budapest" (in Hungarian). Official Website of Budapest. Archived from the original on 9 March 2005. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- "Berlin's international city relations". Berlin Mayor's Office. Archived from the original on 22 August 2008. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- "Frankfurt -Partner Cities". © 2008 Stadt Frankfurt am Main. Archived from the original on 7 November 2007. Retrieved 17 July 2009. External link in
- "NYC's Sister Cities". Sister City Program of the City of New York. 2006. Archived from the original on 21 May 2008. Retrieved 1 September 2008.
- "Tel Aviv sister cities" (in Hebrew). Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality. Archived from the original on 14 February 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- "Intercity and International Cooperation of the City of Zagreb". © 2006–2009 City of Zagreb. Retrieved 23 June 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 July 2012. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- A Joint Declaration was signed on fraternization of Gyöngyös city at the foot of the Mátra, the highest mountain range in Hungary, with the occupied Shusha town of Azerbaijan.
- "Douzelage.org: Home". www.douzelage.org. Retrieved 21 October 2009.
- "Douzelage.org: Member Towns". www.douzelage.org. Retrieved 21 October 2009.
- "Partnership towns of the City of Košice" (in Slovak). © 2007–2009 City of Košice Magistrát mesta Košice, Tr. SNP 48/A, 040 11 Košice. Archived from the original on 17 August 2009. Retrieved 12 July 2009. External link in
- Jérôme Steffenino, Marguerite Masson. "Ville de Grenoble – Coopérations et villes jumelles". Grenoble.fr. Archived from the original on 12 November 2008. Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- "Kraków otwarty na świat". www.krakow.pl. Retrieved 19 July 2009.
- "Ystävyyskaupungit (Twin Cities)". Oulun kaupunki (City of Oulu) (in Finnish). Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- Azerbaijani occupied town twinned with Hungary's Tiszavasvari