List of unclassified languages of North America
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are other languages which are scarcely attested at all.
Campbell et al.
Campbell et al. (2007) list the following extinct and nearly unattested language varieties of North America as unclassifiable due to lack of data.
- Shoccoree-Eno (see Eno people)
- Winyaw (see Winyaw)
- Santee (see Santee tribe. distinguish Santee Sioux)
- Okchai-Chacato (see Okchai, Chatot people)
- Tocobaga (see Tocobaga)
- Neusiok (see Neusiok people)
- Cape Fear
- Pensacola (see Pensacola people)
- Wateree (see Wateree people)
- Guachichil *
- Suma-Jumano * (see Suma & Jumanos)
- Huite *
- Concho *
- Jova *
- Acaxee * (see Acaxee)
- Xixime (Jijime) *
- Zacatec * (see Zacatecos; perhaps the same as Acaxee)
- Tahue *
- Guasave *
- Toboso * (see Tobosos)
- Category:Unclassified languages of North America
- List of extinct languages of North America
- Uto-Aztecan languages#Extinct languages
- Languages of North America
- Campbell, Goddard, Golla, Mackenzie, Mithun, & Mixco, 2007. Atlas of the World's Languages, 2nd ed, 32–43.