List of universities in Liberia
This is a list of universities in Liberia. Liberia had a total of nine government recognized universities and colleges that confer baccalaureate degrees or higher as of 2010. In addition, there were 14 community colleges at that time that were recognized by the National Commission on Higher Education that conferred associate degrees.
Both public and private universities and colleges are attended by university students. Private universities are popular among Liberian students and families who can afford tuition. Private universities often provide better quality education, access to technology, well staffed libraries and on campus transportation for students and university staff. As with the rest of Liberian educational institutions after civil war, Liberian universities are currently being reconstructed and funded to provide all students with equal access to classes, studies, technology and education.
- University of Liberia, Monrovia, Montserrado County (17,620 students as of 2009)
- William V. S. Tubman University, Cape Palmas, Maryland County, formerly William V.S. Tubman College of Technology (288 students as of 2009)
- African Bible College University, Yekepa, Nimba County (65 students as of 2009)
- African Methodist Episcopal University, Montserrado County (3,432 students as of 2009)
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion University, Montserrado County (2,325 students as of 2009)
- Cuttington University, Suacoco, Bong County, oldest private and coeducation university in Africa (2,287 students as of 2009)
- Stella Maris Polytechnic, Monrovia, Montserrado County (2,090 students as of 2009)
- United Methodist University, Monrovia, Montserrado County (3,118 students as of 2009)
- Adventist University of West Africa, Marshall, Margibi County,
- Starz Institute of Technology, Monrovia, Montserrado County,
- Barshell University, Paynesville, Montserrado County,
- Smythe Institute of Management and Technology, Monrovia, Montserrado county
- St. Clement University, Paynesville, Montserrado County
- Grand Bassa Community College, Grand Bassa County
- Grand Gedeh County Community College, Grand Gedeh County
- Nimba County Community College, Nimba County
- Sinoe Community College, Sinoe County
- Trinity Bible Community College, Margibi County
- Liberia Assemblies of God Bible College (LAGBC), Brewerville
- African Christian Theological Seminary (ACTS), Monrovia
- Booker Washington Institute, Kakata
- Brewerville Institute of Technology
- Liberia Baptist Theological Seminary
- Smythe Institute of Management and Technology
- "DR. SLAWON STRESSES IMPROVED HIGHER EDUCATION -Outlines Government's Achievements". In Profile Daily. 20 March 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- Kwanue, C.Y. (February 7, 2010). "Faculty at Liberia's 9 Universities, Colleges Numbers 1,137". Daily Observer. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- Cite error: The named reference
achievementwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Wolokolie, Alva Mulbah (May 11, 2010). "Stella Maris Wins IBI Inter-Collegiate Debate". Daily Oberserver. Retrieved 28 June 2011.