International University of Monaco
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Semper Ad Altum|
|Dean||Dr. Antonella Patras|
The International University of Monaco (IUM) is located on the western edge of the Principality of Monaco, next to the Port of Fontvieille, the Monaco Heliport and the Princess Grace Rose Garden. The principality's only university, it enjoys a scenic spot on the French Riviera steps away from the Mediterranean Sea. Founded in 1986, IUM offers various undergraduate and graduate degrees in business that range in length from 10 months to 4 years. Students can opt for specializations in Finance, Luxury, Marketing, Sport Business Management and International Management. All business programs are taught in English and the school is housed in a section of the principality's Stade Louis II. Related internships are actively encouraged and the school maintains an active alumni network throughout Europe, North America and Asia.
The international university of Monaco has the support of the Monegasque royal family with Prince Albert II sometimes lending his assistance to the year-end graduating ceremonies. Past ceremonies have been held at the Café de Paris Monte-Carlo, as well as the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco. In addition, a range of scholarships exist to help qualifying students with their tuition fees. The school was originally known as the University of Southern Europe before updating its name in 2002 to better reflect both its ideology and location in Fontvieille, Monaco.
According to their literature, the learning process at IUM is based on a highly demanding and rigorous approach, as well as listening and active learning participation.
Students are encouraged to go beyond the theories and data taught in the lecture hall by using skills learned in real world situations. The school maintains a number of international memberships including: the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), and the European Council of International Schools (ECIS). The MBA programs at the university are accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), while summer courses are available as well. The IUMs current student body and alumni represent more than seventy-five nationalities. Located in Monaco, one of the world's leading business centers, IUM provides students with networking opportunities. Students benefit from the school's role in the Monegasque community and often get the chance to participate in various extra-curricular local events. Full-time and visiting faculty, representing a number of different nationalities, are testament to the cosmopolitan makeup of the school.
Undergraduate and graduate programs
- Bachelor in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor in Communication and Entertainment Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Marketing (International Marketing, Digital Marketing)
- Master of Science in Finance (Hedge Funds & Private Equity, Private Banking & International Wealth Management)
- Master of Science in International Business
- Master of Science in Luxury Management (Goods and Services, Retail Management)
- Master of Science in Luxury Hospitality & Event Management
- Master of Science in Sport Business Management
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Peace through Sport
- Doctoral Program
- The International University of Monaco MBA Program was ranked 89th out of 100 in The Economist magazine's "Which MBA" Ranking of 2014.
- Eduniversal – IUM listed among the top 1000 Business Schools in the world, with 4 stars.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- The Association of International Educators (NAFSA)
- European Council of International Schools (ECIS)
- "2014 Full time MBA ranking". The Economist. Retrieved June 2015. Check date values in:
- "2014 Eduniversal Ranking". Eduniversal. Retrieved June 2015. Check date values in: