List of vampire video games
This is an incomplete list of video games which strongly feature vampires. This includes games where the player character is a vampire, or where a vampire is the primary antagonist, as well as games which feature vampires as the primary enemy variant. Games which feature dhampirs, half-vampires, in the same way are also included.
|DARK||2013||Windows, Xbox 360||A stealth action RPG that follows Eric Bane, a newly turned vampire suffering from amnesia, who must recover his memories by drinking the blood of ancient vampires.|
|Bloodlust - Shadowhunter||2015||Windows||Bloodlust is a dungeon crawling / action RPG experience that will allow players to explore the dark underworld of a forgotten society of Vampires and their disciplines, all while trying to battle for hierarchy among the clans in search of their sire. Released on Windows/Steam|
|The Adventures of Shuggy||2011||Xbox 360||A platform and puzzle game where players guide the diminutive titular vampire around an inherited mansion in order to remove unwanted guests. Released on Xbox Live Arcade.|
|The Astonishing Adventures of Mr. Weems and the She Vampires||1987||Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum||The titular character has entered the mansion of the Great She Vampire and must defeat her before he is drained of blood. Likened to Gauntlet.|
|Blade||2000||Game Boy Color, PlayStation||Third-person action game based on the film which was developed from the comic book character.|
|Bloodnet||1993||Amiga, DOS||Science fiction adventure and role-playing game set in Manhattan during the year 2094. Vampire hunter Abraham Van Helsing is now the leader of a plague of 'cyberpunk vampires', the game's playable character Ransom Stark must stop Van Helsing from taking over the city.|
|BloodRayne series||2002–2011||GameCube, Mac OS X, PlayStation 2, Windows, Xbox||Third-person action games with emphasis on combat, the titular character is a dhampir who destroys vampires and other supernatural beings.|
|Bram Stoker's Dracula||1993||Amiga, DOS, Game Boy, Game Gear, Master System, Mega Drive, Mega-CD, NES, SNES||Games based on the film, players control Jonathan Harker and attempt to rescue Mina Murray from Count Dracula.|
|Buffy series||2000–2009||Various||Games based on the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.|
|Castlevania series||1986–present||Various||The series focuses on a war between the Belmont family and Dracula. Dracula is resurrected every hundred years, the Belmonts must defeat him before he unleashes his wrath on the world.|
|The Count||1981||Apple II Plus, Atari 400, Atari 800, Commodore PET, TI 99/4a, TRS-80, Vic 20, ZX Spectrum||Text adventure, the player has been sent to defeat Count Dracula by the local villagers.|
|Countdown Vampires||1999||PlayStation||Survival horror, a policeman acting as security during the opening of a horror-themed casino is faced with numerous vampires when the building's fire sprinkler system is activated and sprays black water over everyone present, transforming them.|
|Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse||2001||PlayStation 2||A vampire named Anna has a year to defeat the army of the Shadow Lord before facing him in combat, the title's gameplay has been compared to Gauntlet and Diablo.|
|Darkwatch||2005||PlayStation 2, Xbox||First-person shooter in a Wild West setting. A newly turned vampire must hunt down the one responsible for the transformation before he loses the last vestiges of humanity.|
|Dracula||1986||Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum||Text adventure based on the novel written by Bram Stoker.|
|Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary||2000||PlayStation, Windows||Graphic adventure and sequel to Dracula: Resurrection. Jonathan Harker continues to pursue Dracula and tries to save his wife Mina.|
|Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon||2008||iOS, Windows||Graphic adventure, a priest named Father Arno Moriani travels to Transylvania to research a candidate for sainthood, eventually resulting in a fight with Count Dracula.|
|Dracula: Origin||2008||Windows||Graphic adventure starring Abraham Van Helsing, who must prevent Count Dracula from finding a manuscript that will allow him to bring the woman he loved back from the dead.|
|Dracula: Resurrection||1999||Mac OS X, PlayStation, Windows||Graphic adventure set seven years after the events of Dracula. Jonathan Harker returns home to find his wife Mina gone and a note left stating that she has returned to Transylvania.|
|Dracula Unleashed||1993||DOS, Mega-CD||Interactive movie. Alexander Morris, brother of Quincey Morris, travels to London to discover what happened to Quincey and his companions when they defeated Dracula.|
|Fortune Arterial||2008||Windows||Japanese erotic visual novel, a male student who has newly transferred to a remote island school discovers that one of the female students is a vampire.|
|From Dusk Till Dawn||2001||Windows||First-person shooter set after the events of the 1996 film. A vampire slayer must battle fellow prisoners who have become undead aboard a prison ship.|
|Ghost House||1986||Master System||Platform game, a young boy enters the ghost house in order to defeat vampires after releasing them from their coffins.|
|Gothos||1997||Windows 95, Macintosh System 7||Quest game, 1st person perspective; The vampire clans are gathering. The player, a newly created vampire, must find the Scrolls of The First Blood and return them to his coven before The Deceiver acquires them. Borrows heavily from the Vampire: The Masquerade tabletop role-playing game|
|Harker||Unreleased||PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360||Survival horror game where players control Jonathan Harker and must track one or more vampires through the game's environments before engaging in small-scale combat with regenerating vampires. The game was put on indefinite hold when the design team The Collective, Inc. merged with Shiny Entertainment to form Double Helix Games, the game was shelved so that Double Helix could produce Silent Hill Homecoming.|
|Immortal Day||2014||PC, Mobile||An online multiplayer game where players can play as vampires, werewolves, hunters, hybrids, and hybrid zombies.|
|Infamous 2: Festival of Blood||2011||PlayStation 3||A PlayStation Network downloadable game. This standalone spin-off of Infamous 2 sees the player character Cole MacGrath bitten by a vampire, he must defeat the head vampire before the end of the night.|
|Legacy of Kain series||1996–2003||Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Windows, Xbox||The series began with an action role-playing game starring the vampire Kain as the playable character. The Soul Reaver story arc of action adventures sees players controlling Raziel the vampiric wraith.|
|Master of Darkness||1992||Game Gear, Master System||Platform game. Dr. Social must travel through London in order to face Dracula at the Thames river. Likened to Castlevania games.|
|NecroVisioN||2009||Microsoft Windows||A video game set during World War I, which featured vampires, zombies, and demons at the same time.|
|Night Hunter||1989||DOS, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, ZX Spectrum||A side-scrolling action game by Ubisoft, in which the player controls a vampire that can transform into bat and werewolf.|
|Night of the Raving Dead||2008||Wii, Windows, Xbox 360||An episode of the adventure series Sam & Max Season Two. The titular detective duo's town is under siege by an army of zombies under the control of an emo vampire named Jurgen.|
|Night Trap||1992||3DO, DOS, Mac OS, Mega-CD, Sega 32X||Interactive movie, the player must protect six young women from vampire-like creatures by switching between surveillance cameras and activating booby traps.|
|Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi||2003||Windows||First-person perspective game with randomly generated levels. Set in 1912, the son of a Romanian count must fend off attacks from vampires by using traditional vampire hunting equipment as well as flintlock and musket weapons.|
|The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang||1993||SNES||Adventure game with role-playing elements. Players control the titular vampire and attack enemies by throwing Spike's hat or spinning his cape.|
|Vampire Killer||1984||ZX Spectrum||Action adventure game, where you are a vampire hunter who has been tasked to remove Dracula from the 12th floor of a block of flats by a client on the floor below|
|Vampire Hunter D||1999||PlayStation||Action adventure game, a master vampire hunter Dhampiris must explore a mansion and rescue a kidnap victim.|
|Vampire Night||2000||Arcade, PlayStation 2||Light gun game starring two vampire hunters who are attempting to defeat a vampire named Auguste.|
|Vampire Rain||2007||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Stealth game set in the modern day. A special operative stalks and sets ambushes for vampires.|
|Vampire Season||2012||iOS||Tower Defense/Strategy video game. Vampire Season features gameplay with elements from both the tower defense and real-time strategy genres. Players are tasked with building up an army of boogiemen, zombies, vampires and other creatures, all in the name of protecting Dracula’s coffin.|
|Vampire Rush||2011||iOS, Bada||Tower Defense/Survival Horror video game. An adventurer Captain Greg defends the gates, the last barrier that protects the humans from the vampires.|
|Vampire Village||1983||ZX Spectrum||Single screen game in which volunteers must be outfitted with equipment and sent to destroy a vampire who has taken up residence in a castle near a small village.|
|Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines||2004||Windows||Based on the tabletop role-playing game Vampire: The Masquerade and set in the World of Darkness fictional universe, this game is a hybrid between first-person shooter and role-playing game, pitting the player's newly turned vampire character against armies both mortal and monstrous, as well as the diabolical politics of undead society.|
|Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption||2000||Mac OS, Windows||Players control a vampire along with a party of up to three others, in this third-person 3D role-playing game featuring combat against werewolves, other vampires and several other types of foe, as well as a storyline that has players exploring towns from Dark Ages-era Prague to modern day New York.|
|Vampyr||2018||Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||The plot revolves around vampire doctor Jonathan Reid who is coming to terms with his undead condition. He must deal with being torn between the Hippocratic Oath and his newfound bloodthirsty nature. Vampyr is based on the 1918 London Spanish flu pandemic.|
|A Vampyre Story||2008||Mac OS X, Windows||Comedy graphic adventure starring Mona De Lafitte, a young opera singer who wishes to travel back to Paris and resume her career, despite having recently been converted into a vampire.|
|Van Helsing||2004||Game Boy Advance, PlayStation 2, Xbox||Based on the film, the titular vampire hunter battles Dracula and his brides along with other foes.|
|Veil of Darkness||1993||DOS||Action adventure game, a man must face the vampire lord Kairn and his minions after a plane crash in a Romanian valley.|
|Bureau 13||1995||Windows||An old school quest / RPG type of game
You are part of a fictional top-secret government agency which investigates and combats supernatural events - one of the available agents is a vampire that can turn to mist, each agent has his/her own special abilities
|Dracula in London||1988||DOS||A classic, text-base adventure based on Bram Stoker's Dracula.|
- Terrones, Terry (2011-06-17). "Review: The Adventures of Shuggy (XBLA)". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2011-08-09.
- "Reviews - The Astonishing Adventures of Mr. Weems and the She Vampires". Crash. Newsfield Publications Ltd (41): 104, 105. June 1987.
- Woods, Nick. "Overview - Blade". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- House, Michael. "Overview - BloodNet: A Cyberpunk Gothic". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- Marriott, Scott. "Overview - BloodRayne". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- Deci, T.J. "Overview - BloodRayne 2". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- Sutyak, Jonathan. "Overview - Bram Stoker's Dracula". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- Weiss, Brett. "Overview - Buffy the Vampire Slayer". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- Baker, Christopher. "Overview - Castlevania". allgame. Archived from the original on 2014-11-14. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- Whalen, Mike; Varanini, Giancarlo (1998-09-09). "The History of Castlevania". GameSpot. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- Matthews, Ken (December 1984). "Scott Adams' Classic Adventures". Micro Adventurer. Sunshine Books (14): 17, 19.
- Knight, Kyle. "Overview - Countdown Vampires". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- Provo, Frank (2001-08-30). "Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- Deci, T.J. "Overview - Darkwatch". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- Campbell, Keith (November 1986). "Dracula". Computer & Video Games. EMAP (61): 78, 79.
- Frankle, Gavin. "Overview - Dracula: The Last Sanctuary". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- Brown, Christopher. "Overview - Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- Brown, Christopher. "Overview - Dracula: Origin". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- "Overview - Dracula Resurrection". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- Savignano, Lisa. "Overview - Dracula Unleashed". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- "Fortune Arterial Adult Game Gets Anime Green-Lit". Anime News Network. 2010-04-03. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Thompson, Jon. "Overview - From Dusk Till Dawn". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Penniment, Brad. "Overview - Ghost House". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- Moby Games. "Gothos (Description)". Moby Games. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Phillips, Mike. "Gothos (review)". Tap Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Leone, Matt (2006-10-27). "Previews - World exclusive preview of The Collective's next-gen thriller". 1up.com. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Purchese, Robert (2008-04-22). "Harker put on indefinite hold". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Clements, Ryan (2008-04-22). "Harker On Hold - Vampire hunting title held indefinitely". IGN. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- "Vampire Games". ID. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- Fletcher, JC (2011-08-16). "Infamous 2: Festival of Blood gets Truly Bloody this October". Joystiq. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- House, Michael. "Overview - Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Wigmore, Glenn. "Overview - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Hunt, Stuart. "Master of Darkness - Castlevania, Sega style". Retro Gamer. Imagine Publishing (70): 90, 91.
- Rausch, Allen (2008-02-12). "Reviews - Sam & Max: Season Two, Episode 3: "Night of the Raving Dead" - Telltale throws its hands in the air like they just don't care in this disappointing episode of Sam & Max". GameSpy. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- Weiss, Brett. "Overview - Night Trap". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- "Overview - Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Marriott, Scott. "Overview - The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Barnes, J.C. "Overview - Vampire Hunter D". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Frankle, Gavin. "Overview - Vampire Night". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Deci, T.J. "Overview - Vampire Rain". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Winslet, Ryan (June 19, 2012). "Vampire Season Brings Monstrous Tower Defense To iOS". Cinema Blend. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- McCaskill, Steve (May 9, 2011). "IPHONE GAME REVIEW - Vampire Rush: Fangtastic". pocketgamer.com. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- "Reviews - Vampire Village". Crash. Newsfield Publications Ltd (1): 92, 93. February 1984.
- Tom McNamara (2004-11-17). "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Review". IGN. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- Nyugen, Cal. "Overview - Vampire: The Masquerade -- Redemption". allgame. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Todd, Brett (2008-12-13). "A Vampyre Story Review - Cartoony bloodsuckers make A Vampyre Story a cheesy good time". GameSpot. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- Kasavin, Greg (2004-05-19). "Van Helsing Review - Van Helsing, the game, can make for a pretty entertaining time if you don't go in expecting too much and just want a few hours of gothic-styled action". GameSpot. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- House, Michael. "Overview - Veil of Darkness". allgame. Retrieved 2010-05-21.