This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2020)
This is a list of vegetarian or vegan organizations. Vegetarian organizations are located in numerous locations and regions around the globe. Their main goal is to promote vegetarianism among the public and to support and link individuals and organizations that practice, promote or endorse vegetarianism.
|Name (English / local (abbreviation))||Founded||Region served||Notes|
|American Vegan Society (AVS)||1960||United States|
|Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)||1999||World||Founded in the United States|
|Dutch Society for Veganism / Nederlandse Vereniging voor Veganisme (NVV)||1978||Netherlands||Previously known as Veganistenkring and Vereniging Veganisten Organisatie|
|Earthsave||1988|| United States
|European Vegetarian Union (EVU)||1988||Europe||Founded in the Netherlands, currently based in Austria|
|French Vegetarian Society / Sociéte végétarienne de France (FVS)||1882||France||Founded in Paris, dissolved in 1921.|
|Hare Krishna Food for Life||1974||World||Founded in India, currently based in Slovenia|
|International Vegetarian Union (IVU)||1908||World||Founded in Germany, currently based in the UK|
|Jewish Veg||1975||North America||Previously known as Jewish Vegetarians of North America|
|North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS)||1974||North America|
|Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)||1985||United States|
|ProVeg Germany / ProVeg Deutschland||1892||Germany||Founded as Vegetarierbund Deutschland (VEBU), renamed in 2017 when joining ProVeg International|
|ProVeg Netherlands / ProVeg Nederland||2011||Netherlands||Founded as Viva Las Vega's (VLV), renamed in 2018 when joining ProVeg International|
|ProVeg International||2017||World||Based in Berlin, serves as umbrella of all ProVeg organisations.|
|Swissveg||1993||Switzerland||Known as Schweizerische Vereinigung für Vegetarismus until 2014|
|The Vegan Society||1944||World||Founded and based in the UK|
|Tibetan Volunteers for Animals (TVA)||2000|| China
|Toronto Vegetarian Association (TVA)||1945||Canada|
|Vegan Awareness Foundation||1995||United States||Also known as Vegan Action|
|Vegan Outreach||1993||United States|
|Vegan Prisoners Support Group (VPSG)||1994||United Kingdom|
|Vegetarian Society||1847||United Kingdom|
|Vegetarian Society (Singapore) (VSS)||1999||Singapore|
|Viva! Health||1994||United Kingdom|
|World Esperantist Vegetarian Association / Tutmonda Esperantista Vegetarana Asocio (TEVA)||1908||World||Founded in Germany|
Campaigns and events
- List of vegetarian and vegan companies
- List of vegetarian festivals (including vegan festivals)
- List of fictional vegetarian characters
- Rob Biersma (4 May 1996). "Vlees als snoepje". NRC Handelsblad. Archived from the original on 11 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Andreas Wassermann (7 December 2018). "Proveg Deutschland: Die Geschäfte des Vegetarierbunds". Der Spiegel (in German). Archived from the original on 16 August 2021. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- Sanne Schelfaut (16 May 2019). "Actie tegen ban op namen vleesvervangers: 'Slavink net zo misleidend als kipstuckjes'". Algemeen Dagblad. Archived from the original on 16 June 2020. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "Viva Las Vega's wordt ProVeg Nederland". ProVeg Nederland. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 5 January 2018.[permanent dead link]
- Nadja Rohner (21 June 2016). "Foodfestival: Damit punktet die Veganmania – auch bei Fleischessern". Aargauer Zeitung (in German). Archived from the original on 14 June 2020. Retrieved 16 May 2020.
- "Milestones in the history of Swissveg". Swissveg. 23 July 2020. Archived from the original on 27 October 2020. Retrieved 24 October 2020.