List of vegetarian restaurants
This is a list of vegetarian and vegan restaurants. Vegetarian cuisine refers to food that meets vegetarian standards by not including meat and animal tissue products. For lacto-ovo vegetarianism (the most common type of vegetarianism in the Western world), eggs and dairy products such as milk and cheese are permitted. For lacto vegetarianism, the earliest known type of vegetarianism (recorded in India), dairy products are permitted but eggs are not. The strictest forms of vegetarianism are veganism, raw veganism, and fruitarianism, which exclude all animal products, including dairy products as well eggs and even some refined sugars if filtered and whitened with bone char.
Notable vegetarian restaurants
- Saravana Bhavan a Chennai based restaurant is the world's largest vegetarian restaurant with 110 branches.
- Adyar Ananda Bhavan, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Kenya and United States
- Annalakshmi, Malaysia, Australia, Singapore & India
- Bloodroot, Bridgeport, Connecticut, US
- Café Gratitude, 5 locations, California, US
- Café Paradiso, Cork, Ireland
- Claire's Corner Copia, New Haven, Connecticut, US
- Clover Food Lab, Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
- Cranks, London, England
- Dirt Candy, New York City, New York, US
- Food for Thought, London, England
- Govinda's Restaurant, various locations all over the world
- Goli vada pav
- Green Elephant Vegetarian Bistro, Portland, Maine, US and Portsmouth, NH, US
- Greens Restaurant, San Francisco, California, US
- Hard Times Cafe, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
- Hiltl Restaurant, Zurich, Switzerland
- The Hollow Reed, Portland, Maine, US
- InSpiral Lounge, Camden Lock, England
- Kesar Da Dhaba, Amritsar
- Lentil as Anything, Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
- Murugan Idli Shop, India & Singapore, a chain of vegetarian restaurants headquartered in Madurai
- The New Riverside Cafe, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Namma Veedu Vasanta Bhavan, Chennai, Trichy and Villupuram, India
- New Woodlands Hotel, Chennai
- Penny Cafeteria, New York City, New York, US
- The Pitman Vegetarian Hotel, Birmingham, England
- Sree Annapoorna Sree Gowrishankar, Coimbatore, India
- Sutra, Seattle, Washington, US
- Taïm, New York City, New York, US
- Veggie Galaxy, Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
- Veggie Victory, Nigeria
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, South Bengaluru Bangalore, India
Café Gratitude, San Francisco, California, US
An Annapoorna Gowrishankar location, India
The Hard Times Cafe in Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
Notable vegan restaurants
- Blossoming Lotus, Portland, Oregon, US
- Candle Cafe, 3 locations, New York City, New York, US
- Crossroads Kitchen, Los Angeles, California, US
- Cinnaholic, 14 locations, US
- Elizabeth's Gone Raw, Washington D.C., US
- G-Zen, Branford, Connecticut, US
- Little Pine (restaurant), Los Angeles, California, US
- Loving Hut, 138 locations, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America
- Mondragon Bookstore & Coffeehouse, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (closed January 2014)
- Native Foods Cafe, 14 locations, California, Colorado, Illinois, and Oregon, US
- ONA, the first vegan restaurant in France to win a Michelin star
- Plant, Asheville, North Carolina, US
- Red and Black Cafe, Portland, Oregon, US (closed March 2015)
- Two Dollar Radio Headquarters, Columbus, Ohio, US
- Vedge, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
- VeganBurg, Singapore and San Francisco, CA, US
- Veggie Grill, 29 locations, California, Oregon, and Washington, US
Loving Hut, San Francisco, US
- Health food restaurant
- Lists of restaurants
- List of vegetarian and vegan companies
- List of fictional vegetarian characters
- "International Vegetarian Union - The Origins of Some Words". Ivu.org. Archived from the original on 30 June 2008. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Annalakshmi". Happycow.net. 30 September 2015. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Annalakshmi". Happycow.net. 15 November 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Cafe Gratitude". Cafegratitude.com. Archived from the original on 20 January 2018. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- Douty, Thomas (February 21, 2000). "Tough Times at Hard Times Cafe". The Minnesota Daily via The Internet Archive. Archived from the original on January 30, 2004. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- Valent, Dani (October 16, 2006). "Lentil As Anything". The Age. Archived from the original on August 1, 2014. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- Bjerga, Alan (May 28, 1997). "Cafe Mixed Both Idealism and Food". University of Minnesota. Archived from the original on May 17, 2014. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- "Locations". Locations.cinnaholic.com. Archived from the original on September 6, 2017. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- "Moby's Little Pine Vegan Restaurant Debuts in Silver Lake". Archived from the original on September 12, 2018. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- "[素食 Vegan][Vegetarian Restaurant] 愛家素食網 Loving Hut 素食餐廳‧蔬食餐廳料理‧素食便當‧素食簡餐快餐‧台北素食‧台中素食‧高雄素食‧台南素食‧嘉義素食". Lovinghut.com. Archived from the original on 12 April 2008. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Restaurant review: Two Dollar Radio Headquarters". June 13, 2018. Archived from the original on April 2, 2019. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- "Veggie Grill Wants to Make Vegan Dining Mainstream". Eater.com. April 13, 2016. Archived from the original on March 30, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vegetarian restaurants.|