List of virtual printer software
The following is a list of Wikipedia articles relating to virtual printer software:
The following are distributed under free software licences:
- CC PDF Converter – Another Ghostscript-based virtual printer, provided by CogniView.
- cups-pdf – Another open source Ghostscript-based virtual printer that can be shared with Windows users over the LAN. Install it on Linux by `yum install cups-pdf ttf-mscorefonts or `apt-get install cups-pdf`. CUPS
- Ghostscript – A command-line library for creation of PostScript and PDF files.
- RedMon – Redirects a special printer port to the standard input of another program.
The following are proprietary software but free of charge:
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer – A virtual printer for Microsoft Windows that creates an XPS (*.xps, *.oxps) document file from the print output of an application.
Virtual PDF printers
Virtual PDF printers for Microsoft Windows:
- Bullzip PDF Printer (the free version comes with an adware toolbar)
- CutePDF – tries to install the Ask web browser toolbar, which is well known for browser hijacking, and OpenCandy, a potentially unwanted program. CutePDF also becomes the default printer in Firefox regardless of Windows' settings.
- DoPDF – This is a simplified version of NovaPDF, which is mentioned below.
- PDFCreator – A Ghostscript-based virtual printer for Microsoft Windows, with user interface for advanced options (security settings, combining multiple documents, etc.). The current and many historic installer versions contain potentially unwanted programs by third parties.
- Adobe Acrobat – Adobe System's commercial PDF authoring suite includes Adobe Distiller, a virtual printer for converting documents to PDF files. Adobe Distiller is not included with the free-to-use Adobe Reader product.
Virtual printers for Microsoft Windows:
- Microsoft Office Document Image Writer – Included in Microsoft Office Professional allowing documents to be saved in TIFF or Microsoft Document Imaging Format.
- NovaPDF – A PDF virtual printer for Windows.
- Print&Share – Creating PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, XML, TXT, EMF, BMP files. Adding watermark on output. Eco-friendly methods: capable of dynamically removing content and empty spaces. Can also email, fax, upload via FTP and more.
- Universal Document Converter – Creating PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, PCX, DCX and BMP files.