List of virtual schools
Following is a list of virtual schools — coursework from an accredited private school or accredited not-for-profit or publicly funded institution, taught primarily through online methods. Schools are listed by country and by state or province. Within each geographic division, primary and secondary schools are listed first; colleges and universities are listed second.
Any of the thousands of commercial or unaccredited ventures that sell online courses should be listed elsewhere, under their relevant categories.
- 1 Canada
- 2 United States
- 3 References and External links
- Independent Learning Centre (ILC) Distance Education High School Credit Courses
- Peel District School Board (PDSB) Continuing Education Online
- Toronto District School Board (TDSB) Virtual School
- York Region District School Board (YRDSB) Continuing Education eLearning aka Night High School uses Desire2Learn
- FutureSkills High School (FHS or FSHS)
Nationwide accredited private virtual schools
- American School of Correspondence
- Blueprint Education Accredited by AdvancED
- CompuHigh/Whitmore School Accredited by AdvancED with NCAA approved courses
- The Education Program for Gifted Youth's Online High School at Stanford University, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Keystone National High School accredited by Northwest Association of Accredited Schools and the Distance Education and Training Council
- Laurel Springs School accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- National Connections Academy (NaCA) Accredited by AdvancED, and by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Penn Foster High School accredited by the Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools and by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC)
- Harari College Worldwide – authorised by the College Board to give AP courses.
- Forest Trail Academy accredited by AdvancED, NCPSA and by National Association of Private & Home Schools (N.A.P.H.S.)
- Delaware Virtual School
- Florida Virtual School
- Forest Trail Academy
- MySchool@Kent (Kent Intermediate School District grades 9-12)
- Cyber Village Academy Blended online & on campus 3–12
- Virtual Learning Academy Charter School (VLACS), grades 6-12
- Ohio Distance and Electronic Learning Academy (OHDELA) (Statewide)
- Franklin University
- Ohio Virtual Academy (OHVA) (Statewide)
- Ohio Connections Academy (OCA) (Statewide)
- Greater Ohio Virtual School (GOVS), Grades 7-12 (Statewide)
- Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow (ECOT) (Statewide)
- TRECA Digital Academy (Statewide)
There were 14 public cyber charter schools operating in Pennsylvania in 2013.
- 21st Century Cyber Charter School
- Achievement House Charter School
- ACT Academy Cyber Charter School
- Agora Cyber Charter School
- ASPIRA Bilingual Cyber Charter School
- Central PA Digital Learning Foundation Charter School
- Commonwealth Connections Academy Charter School
- Education Plus Academy Cyber Charter School
- Esperanza Cyber Charter School
- Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School
- Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School
- Pennsylvania Leadership Charter SchoolPhiladelphia Note Book |date=
- Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School
- Solomon Charter School - shut down in 2013 by its board.
- SusQ Cyber Charter School
- Utah Connections Academy 
- Wisconsin Virtual Academy (WIVA)
- AdvancED: CompuHigh
- NCAA Eligibility Center: CompuHigh/Whitmore School
- AdvancED website
- "Virtual Schools a boon to Del. students", The News Journal, April 23, 2008.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (2013). "2013-14 Cyber Charter Schools".
- David Limm. "Solomon Charter closes abruptly". Oct 11, 2013.