List of volcanic eruptions by death toll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Volcanic eruptions can be highly explosive, volatile, or neither. Certain volcanoes have undergone catastrophic eruptions, killing large numbers of humans, and this incomplete list attempts to document those volcanic eruptions by death toll.
- List of disasters
- List of volcanic eruption deaths
- List of natural disasters by death toll
- List of large volcanic eruptions in the 21st century
- "How the Earth Was Made Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY". history.com.
- "The summer of acid rain". The Economist. 19 December 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- Oppenheimer, Clive (1 June 2003). "Climatic, environmental and human consequences of the largest known historic eruption: Tambora volcano (Indonesia) 1815". Progress in Physical Geography. pp. 230–259. doi:10.1191/0309133303pp379ra.
- "Krakatoa Volcano: Facts About Deadly Eruption". Live Science.
- "Benchmarks: May 8, 1902: The deadly eruption of Mount Pelée | EARTH Magazine". www.earthmagazine.org.
- "BBC ON THIS DAY | 13 | 1985: Volcano kills thousands in Colombia". news.bbc.co.uk.
- "Mount Unzen eruption of 1792 | Japanese history". Encyclopædia Britannica.
- "What is the largest eruption ever? | Volcano World | Oregon State University". volcano.oregonstate.edu.
- "Indonesia's Mount Kelut Erupts : Natural Hazards". earthobservatory.nasa.gov. 14 February 2014.
- "Galunggung | Volcano World | Oregon State University". volcano.oregonstate.edu.
- "Vesuvius erupts - Aug 24, 79 - HISTORY.com". HISTORY.com.
- "INHABITANTS OF ISLAND ALL KILLED BY VOLCANO:; The 150 Japanese Residents of Torishima Dead -- Eruption Still Proceeding.".
- "Ontake victims mourned a month after eruption as tourism industry scrambles to recover". The Japan Times Online. 27 October 2014.
- "Thousands need aid after volcano eruption". IRIN. 6 July 2011.
- "The victims of Montserrat's volcano tragedy deserve an investigation". The Guardian. 25 June 2012.
- "Indonesian volcano Mount Sinabung eruption causes 16 deaths". The Independent. 2 February 2014.
- "Eruption: A Survivor's Tale | Scholastic.com". Scholastic Teachers.
- Siebert, L.; et al. (2010). Volcanoes of the World (3rd edition). Smithsonian Institution and University of California Press. p. 347. ISBN 978-0-520-26877-7.
- "Deadly Gases". Oregon State University.
- "Which Way The Wind Blows - The Reykjavik Grapevine". The Reykjavik Grapevine. 26 September 2014.