List of wars involving Iraq
This is a list of wars that Iraq has been involved in (as they were locally named where applicable):
Other armed conflicts involving Iraq
Part of a series on the
|History of Iraq|
|Early modern period|
- Wars during Mandatory Iraq
- Smaller conflicts, revolutions, coups and periphery conflicts
- Simele massacre 1933
- Yazidi Revolt (1935)
- Al-Wathbah uprising 1948
- 14 July Revolution 1958-1959
- Ramadan Revolution
- Ar-Rashid revolt
- November 1963 Iraqi coup d'état
- Joint Operation Arvand 1969, Iranian show of force that Iraq did not resist
- Kurdish Rebellion of 1983 (part of Iran-Iraq war)
- Iraqi no-fly zones conflict 1991-2003
- Kurdistan Islamist Conflict 2001-2004 (fought on de jure Iraqi territory, but with no Iraqi involvement)
- Herzog, The War of Atonement, Little, Brown and Company, 1975. Forward
- Insight Team of the London Sunday Times, Yom Kippur War, Double Day and Company, Inc, 1974, page 450
- Luttwak and Horowitz, The Israeli Army. Cambridge, MA, Abt Books, 1983
- Rabinovich, The Yom Kippur War, Schocken Books, 2004. Page 498
- 0-313-31302-4&lr=#v=onepage&q=&f=false Revisiting The Yom Kippur War, P.R. Kumaraswamy, pages 1–2
- Johnson and Tierney, Failing To Win, Perception of Victory and Defeat in International Politics. Page 177
- Charles Liebman, The Myth of Defeat: The Memory of the Yom Kippur war in Israeli Society[permanent dead link] Middle Eastern Studies, Vol 29, No. 3, July 1993. Published by Frank Cass, London. Page 411.
- Loyola, Mario (7 October 2013). "How We Used to Do It - American diplomacy in the". National Review. p. 1. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- J. Schofield, Militarization and War, p. 122
- Rossiter, Mike, Target Basra , Corgi, 2009 ISBN 0552157007 ISBN 978-0552157001, p. 210
- Dan Murphy (27 April 2004). "Sadr the agitator: like father, like son". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "With Iraqi-Kurdish Talks Stalled, Phone Diplomacy Averts New Clashes". New York Times.