List of water parks
The following is a list of notable water parks in the world sorted by region. A water park or waterpark is an amusement park that features water play areas, such as water slides, splash pads, spraygrounds (water playgrounds), lazy rivers, wave pools, or other recreational bathing, swimming, and barefooting environments.
Defunct water parks
- Skinner's Wet'n Wild, Lockport, Manitoba – closed in 2005
- Penguin Village, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – closed in 1993
- Wild Rapids Waterslide Park, Sylvan Lake, Alberta – closed in 2016
- Wild Waters, Edmonton, Alberta – closed in 2012
- Froster Soak City at Ontario Place, Toronto, Ontario – closed in 2012
- Seagaia Ocean Dome, Miyazaki – closed as of 2007
- Sports World Izunagaoka, Shizuoka
- Wild Blue Yokohama, Yokohama
- Nationaal Zwemcentrum de Tongelreep, Eindhoven – the recreational part has been closed since September 2016
This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019)
- Boogie Mountain Water Park, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Caribbean Cove Water Park, Indianapolis, Indiana
- CoCo Key Water Resort, Waterbury, Connecticut
- CoCo Key Water Resort, Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Coursey's Fantasy Water Park, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Disney's River Country, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Fort Rapids, Columbus, Ohio
- Heritage USA, Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Key Lime Cove, Gurnee, Illinois; now named Great Wolf Lodge
- Lake Dolores Waterpark, Newberry Springs, California
- Manteca Waterslides, Manteca, California
- Ogle's Water Park, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Ogle's Water Park, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Paradise Landing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Pleasure Island, Muskegon, Michigan
- Six Flags Atlantis, Hollywood, Florida
- Splash Amarillo Waterpark, Amarillo, Texas
- Splash Down Dunes, Porter, Indiana
- Terry Hill Water Park, Breningsville, Pennsylvania
- Waterland USA, Houma, Louisiana
- Water Mania, Kissimmee, Florida
- Water Park of America, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Water Slide World, Lake George, New York
- Water Wonderland, Midland, Texas
- Wet 'n Wild, Garland, Texas
- Wet 'n Wild, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Wet 'n Wild Orlando, Orlando, Florida
- White Water, Grand Prairie, Texas
- Wild Rivers, Irvine, California
- Wild Waters, Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
- Wild Waters, Ocala, Florida
- Wildwater Kingdom, Aurora, Ohio
- "Abandoned Manitoba water park nears end of the ride". CBC. September 17, 2017. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- "From a municipal bathing pond to Penguin Village water park: a look at Saskatoon's outdoor pools". CBC. July 28, 2018. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- Cabasin, L. (1998). Canada, '98: The Complete Guide to Its Great Cities, Coastal Towns, Mountains and Wilderness Adventures. Fodor's Gold Guides. Fodor's Travel Publications. p. 193. ISBN 978-0-679-03452-0. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- van Buuren, W. (2012). Hollands goud: alle olympische kampioenen (in Dutch). Meulenhoff Boekerij B.V. p. pt102. ISBN 978-94-6023-174-2. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- "Militants Torch Gaza Water Park Shut Down by Hamas". Haaretz. 2010-09-19. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "Press points finger of blame". BBC News. February 16, 2004. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- McConville, Mark (July 17, 2018). "Eerie remains of Disney water park left abandoned for almost 20 years". Mirror. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- Clark, Joe (February 22, 2016). "Fort Rapids Water Park ordered to close by Columbus police". WCMH-TV. Archived from the original on May 18, 2018. Retrieved February 14, 2021.
- Graham, Doug T. (June 22, 2018). "Chance the Rapper hits the waterslides at new Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee". Daily Herald. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- Meyers, C.T. (2001). Weekend Adventures in Northern California. Carousel Press. p. 328. ISBN 978-0-917120-17-6. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- Fodor's Texas. Fodor's Texas. Fodor's Travel Publications. 2008. p. 503. ISBN 978-1-4000-0719-6. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
- "Splash Down Dunes – Porter, Indiana". Ultimatewaterpark.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-21. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "2 Reasons Universal Orlando Resort HAD to Close Wet 'n Wild". Theme Park Tourist. 2015-06-18. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Water parks.|
- Waterparks.com – World Waterpark Association's consumer guide