List of wind farms in Victoria
Victoria has some of the best wind resources in Australia, along the southern coast and in the higher altitude areas. Most of Victoria's wind farms are being built along the southern coast and around the Ballarat, Ararat, and Hamilton areas.
The total capacity for the state as of 2014 was around 1,080 MW, more than double the output of the Anglesea Coal Fired Power Station. Several wind farms are under construction while several more have been proposed and approved. The total potential capacity of wind turbines in Victoria including those currently operational, those under construction, and approved proposals is around 3,600 MW. By comparison, Victoria's total peak electricity usage is around 8,000–10,000 MW.
Wind farms in Victoria
|Project name||Sponsoring company||Coordinates||Turbines||Capacity (MW)||Status||Completion Date||Notes|
|Ararat Wind Farm||RES Australia||75||240||Operating||May 2017|||
|Bald Hills Wind Farm||Mitsui||52||106||Operating||July 2015|
|Challicum Hills Wind Farm||Pacific Hydro||35||52.5||Operating||August 2003|
|Chepstowe Wind Farm||Future Wind||3||6.1||Operating||April 2015|
|Codrington Wind Farm||Pacific Hydro||14||18.2||Operating||2001|
|Coonooer Bridge||Windlab Limited||6||19.8||Operating||March 2016|
|Kiata Wind Farm||WindLab||9||31.5||Operating||2018|
|Leonards Hill Wind Farm||Hepburn Wind||2||4.1||Operating||July 2011|
|Macarthur Wind Farm||AGL Energy/Meridian Energy||140||420||Operating||January 2013|||
|Maroona Wind Farm||Future Energy||2||7.2||Operating|||
|Mortons Lane Wind Farm (Woodhouse)||Tian Run Australia||13||19.5||Operating||May 2012|
|Mount Mercer Wind Farm||Meridian Energy||64||131||Operating||September 2014|||
|Oaklands Hill Wind Farm||AGL Energy Limited||32||67.2||Operating||April 2012|
|Portland Wind Farm
Stage 1: Yambuk
|Pacific Hydro||20||30||Operating||May 2007|
|Portland Wind Farm
Stage 2: Cape Bridgewater
|Pacific Hydro||29||58||Operating||October 2009|
|Portland Wind Farm
Stage 3: Cape Nelson South
|Pacific Hydro||22||44||Operating||July 2009|
|Portland Wind Farm
Stage 4: Cape Sir William Grant and Cape Nelson North
|Pacific Hydro||23||47||Operating||February 2015|
|Salt Creek Wind Farm (Woorndoo)||Tilt Renewables||15||50||Operating|||
|Toora Wind Farm||Transfield Infrastructure Fund||12||21||Operating||2002|
|Waubra Wind Farm||Acciona Energy/ ANZ Infrastructure Services||128||192||Operating||2009|
|Wonthaggi Wind Farm||Wind Power Pty Ltd||6||12||Operating||2005|
|Mount Gellibrand Wind Farm||Acciona||44||132||Operating|
|Yaloak South Wind Farm||Pacific Hydro||14||28.7||Operating||June 2018|||
|Bulgana||Enerfin||63||189||Under construction ||Planning Approved April 2015|
|Crowlands||Pacific Hydro||39||80||Under construction ||Approved Aug 2010|
|Dundonnell (Mortlake)||Tilt Renewables||80||336||Under construction||Expected Completion late 2020|
|Lal Lal Wind Farm||WestWind Energy||64||150||Under construction ||Approved April 2009, Amended March 2017|
|Moorabool Wind Farm||WestWind Energy||107||321||Under construction ||Approved Oct 2010. Construction expected to commence mid-late 2017, expected completion late 2018|
|Mortlake South Wind Farm||Acciona Energy||35||157.5||Under construction||Expected Completion Oct 2020|
|Murra Warra Wind Farm
|RES Australia/ Macquarie Group||61||225.7||Under construction ||Expected Completion Aug 2019|
|Stockyard Hill Wind Farm||Goldwind Australia||149||530||Under construction ||Expected completion late 2019.|||
|Timboon West||Future Energy||3||9||Under construction ||Planning Approved Mar 2017|
|Yawong||Future Energy||3||9||Under construction |
|Murra Warra Wind Farm
|RES Australia/ Macquarie Group||55||203.5||Planning approved||Planning Approved Nov 2016|
|Berrimal Wind farm||Acciona Energy||24||72||Planning approved||Planning Approved September 2014 Under review 2018|
|Berrybank Wind Farm||Unión Fenosa Wind Australia||79||290-330||Planning Approved||Approved August 2010. Amended February 2018.|
|Hawkesdale Wind Farm||Unión Fenosa Wind Australia||26||104||Planning approved ||Approved Aug 2008. Amended December 2017|
|Naroghid(Woolsthorpe)||Wind Farm Developments||20||46||Planning approved||Approved April 2008. Amended May2017|
|Ryan Corner Wind Farm||Unión Fenosa Wind Australia||56||224||Planning approved||Planning Approved Aug 2008. Amended December 2017|
|Cherry Tree||Infigen Energy||16||48||Planning approved||Planning Approved Nov 2013|
|Darlington||Unión Fenosa Wind Australia||75||375||Seeking approval|||
|Dean||Wind Power Pty Ltd||20||Proposed|
|Pyrenees||Wind Power Pty Ltd||200||Proposed|
|The Sisters Wind Farm||Wind Farm Developments||30||Proposed|
|Korumburra||Wind Power Pty Ltd||12||Feasibility|
|Portland||Wind Power Pty Ltd||17.5||Feasibility|
|Sidonia Hills||Hydro Tasmania||120||Feasibility (check)|
|Tarrone||Unión Fenosa Wind Australia||19||60||Feasibility|
|Ferguson||Future Energy||3||9||Planning approved||Planning Approved Feb 2017|
|Nhill||Future Energy||3||9||Planning approved|
|Alberton||Synergy Wind||34||115||Planning Permit Lodged |
|Golden Plains||West Wind||228||800||Planning Permit Lodged |
|Inverleigh||Wind Farm Developments||16||76.8||Planning Permit Lodged |
|Mount Fyans||Woolnorth Wind Farms||85||400||Planning Permit Lodged |
|Rifle Butts||NewEn||13||40||Planning approved |
|Jung||Bayware||2||8.4||Planning approved |
|Baynton||Stanwell Corporation and WindLab Systems||50||Cancelled|
- Summary of Victoria-wide total production in MW
|Total in Victoria||6600|
- Energy in Victoria
- List of power stations in Victoria
- Wind power in Australia
- Renewable energy commercialization
- Wind Farms in Victoria
- Department of State Development, Business and Innovation: Wind Projects in Victoria, retrieved 4 November 2014
- Wind Energy Projects in Victoria Archived 29 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Ararat Wind Farm". Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- Clean Energy Council: Clean Energy Australia 2010 Archived 17 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Maroona Wind Farm". Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- Mt Mercer Wind Farm: Latest Info Archived 7 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "Salt Creek Wind Farm". Tilt Renewables. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Yaloak South wind farm". www.pacifichydro.com.au. Pacific Hydro. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- Planning, Department of Environment, Land, Water and; Energy (26 October 2018). "Wind projects". Energy. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "Crowlands wind farm project". Pacific Hydro. Archived from the original on 26 October 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change (4 April 2019). "Dundonnell Wind Farm Under Construction". Premier of Victoria. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- Lal Lal Wind Farm
- "Ballarat wind farm proposal". Herald Sun. News Limited. 29 December 2006. Retrieved 17 November 2007.
- Turbine power gets green light
- Approval for Yaloak South and Moorabool Wind Farms
- Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change (8 March 2019). "Work Starts On The Mortlake South Wind Farm". Premier of Victoria. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- "Mortlake South Wind Farm". Acciona Australia. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Berrimal Wind Farm". Acciona Australia. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Berrybank Wind Farm | Union Fenosa Wind Australia". www.unionfenosa.com.au. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Naroghid Archived 14 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Ryan Corner
- "Spain's Union Fenosa To Build Australian Wind Farms". Planet Ark. Reuters. 3 December 2008. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- "VIC-Darlington". Union Fenosa Wind Australia Pty Ltd. Archived from the original on 30 October 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Gardiner, Ashley (15 August 2007). "Gipplsand wind farm dumped". Herald Sun. News Ltd. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Sinnott, Alex (23 February 2012). "Port Campbell wind farm scrapped". The Standard. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Himmelreich, Everard (3 November 2017). "Massive Penshurst wind farm dropped". The Standard. Fairfax Regional Media. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wind farms in Victoria, Australia.|
- Wind farms in Victoria: Wind in the Bush
- Photographs of Victorian Wind Farms: Wind in the Bush
- Yes2Renewables: wind energy in Victoria (including Google map of proposed and existing projects)
- Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning - Wind Projects
- Under construction wind farms in Victoria, Australia
- Operational wind farms in Victoria, Australia