List of largest cuckoo clocks
Several unusually large cuckoo clocks have been built and installed in different cities of the world with the aim of attracting visitors, as part of publicity of a cuckoo clock shop, or to serve as a landmark for the community and town.
Some have been awarded with the title of "World's Largest Cuckoo Clock" by the Guinness World Records.
- Eduardo Castex, inaugurated in 1977.
- La Cumbrecita, 2011.
- La Falda, 1963.
- Villa Carlos Paz, 1958.
- Nova Petrópolis, Largest in South America.
- Höllsteig (Breitnau), 1994.
- Niederwasser (Hornberg), 1995, cuckoo and quail clock.
- Schonach, 1981.
- Schonachbach (Triberg), 1997.
Other parts of Germany
- Pembridge, Herefordshire (England), 2013.
- Sugarcreek, Ohio, 1972. The World's Largest Cuckoo Clock is in downtown Sugarcreek at the intersection of Main and Broadway Street. It has been completely restored and is again fully functional, offering viewers a show every hour and half hour from 9am-9pm except when the outdoor clock is closed in the winter months.
- Douglasville, Georgia, 1986 (indoor). The world's largest Authentic Cuckoo clock. This clock was commissioned to be built by Jerry Champion, Owner of Champ's Clock Shop in 1986. The manufacturer was Dold Exquisit. They had a retail location in Triberg Germany and the factory was Located at D-7740 Triberg 1 - West Germany Hornberg Strasse 3. Wolfgang Dold was the Seller and his Brother Alfons Dold Carved the clock. An authentic Cuckoo works by Regula was used with special extensions to reach the distance from the works to the Carousel and Bird door. Music box: Reuge 50 note 4 melody. Key factors, Exceeds 13 feet tall (4 Meters), Made in the Black Forest of Germany, Made of Black Forest Trees, Hand Carved, German Cuckoo Works, Can be moved from one wall to another. Not A BUILDING, BILLBOARD, OR PART OF SAME. For Images of the clock visit http://champsclock.com/largestcuckoo.htm
- "Monumentos y Edificios Históricos" (in Spanish). Municipalidad de Eduardo Castex. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Cu Cú de La Falda" (in Spanish). Argentina Turismo. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Reloj Cu-Cú" (in Spanish). Acarlospaz.com. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Hornberger Uhrenspiele". House of Black Forest Clocks. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Cuckoo clocks". Das Ferienland. Archived from the original on March 1, 2006.
- "World's Biggest Cuckoo Clock". Uhren-Park. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "World's largest cuckoo clock outside the Black Forest" (in German). Harzer-uhren. Archived from the original on April 5, 2009.
- "Cuckoo clock". Wiesbaden. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Val Di Fassa" (in Italian). Girovagando in Trentino. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Часы с 'кукушкой' (in Russian). Visualrian. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22440591 BBC News:Gardener spends over £10,000 to build giant cuckoo clock