Listen to Her Heart
|"Listen to Her Heart"|
|Single by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers|
|from the album You're Gonna Get It!|
|A-side||"Listen to Her Heart"|
|B-side||"I Don't Know What to Say to You"|
|Released||August 30, 1978|
|Recorded||Shelter Studios, Hollywood|
|Producer(s)||Denny Cordell, Noah Shark, Tom Petty|
|Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers singles chronology|
"Listen to Her Heart" is a song recorded by American rock band Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. It was released in August 1978 as the second single from their second album, You're Gonna Get It!. It peaked at number 59 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in October 1978.  This song as well as "I Need to Know" was already being played live as early as June 14, 1977 as is evidenced in Germany's music television show, "Rockpalast".
Background and content
According to a radio interview with Redbeard, Petty wrote the song as a response to Ike Turner making advances at Petty's wife.
- You're Gonna Get It!
- Greatest Hits
- Anthology: Through the Years
- Mojo Tour 2010: Expanded Edition (Live Version)
- The song was featured as playable track in the 2010 music game Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||66|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||59|
- Joel Whitburn, Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles: 1955-2010, Record Research, 2011.
- "Tom Petty Live In Rockpalast 1977—在线播放—优酷网，视频高清在线观看". V.youku.com. Retrieved 2016-10-13.