Lists of mountains
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mountains can be listed according to various criteria:
- They can be part of peakbagging lists, which are goals for mountain climbers/hikers.
- They can be sorted by height (elevation above sea level)
- See also: List of mountains by elevation
- Another notion of "height" is topographic prominence, see List of most prominent mountains, List of peaks by prominence, or Ultra-prominent peak
- Yet another notion of "height" is distance of summit from the Earth's center
- The notion of "highest" can be restricted to a specific geographic area
- They can be sorted by country or province.
- They can be sorted by geological origin.
- They can be organized into mountain ranges.