|Industry||Agricultural machinery, Agriculture|
|Headquarters||Peterborough, United Kingdom|
|Paul McAvoy, Andrew McAvoy|
|Services||NSTS sprayer testing, bespoke machinery, spare parts, servicing|
Number of employees
Lite-Trac is a trading name of Holme Farm Supplies Ltd, a manufacturer of agricultural machinery registered in England and based in Peterborough. The Lite-Trac name comes from "lite tractor", due to the patented chassis design enabling the inherently very heavy machines manufactured by the company to have a light footprint for minimum soil compaction.
Holme Farm Supplies Ltd agricultural products, sold under the Lite-Trac name, include tool carriers, self-propelled lime and fertiliser spreaders, sprayers, granular applicators and tank masters. Lite-Trac is currently the manufacturer of Europe's largest four-wheeled self-propelled crop sprayers. The company's products are identifiable by the combination of unpainted stainless steel tanks and booms with bright yellow cabs and detailing.
Lite-Trac had existed as a name since before 2006, with first prototypes built in 2004. Following the success of initial testing, Lite-Trac was incorporated in 2008 to develop and manufacture the SS2400 Tool Carrier with its patented chassis layout. Since then Lite-Trac has gone on to develop its own crop sprayers which exploit the potential of the SS2400 chassis and has branched out into spreading and granular application.
Lite-Trac manufactures a range of agricultural machinery.
SS2400 Tool Carrier
The Lite-Trac SS2400 is a tool carrier with a 14 tonne payload capacity. The patented chassis layout with its mid-mounted driveline gives equal weight distribution on all four wheels. The fully mechanical driveline is particularly suited to heavy work in hilly conditions and includes a 6 speed automatic power shift gearbox with locking torque converter which is capable of 50 km/h. It also features a 260 horse power (194 kW) engine, air suspension, anti-roll bars and a forward mounted cab.
When it comes to self-propelled sprayers, there is big and bigger. Then we come to the Lite Trac.— Arable Focus, Farmers Guardian
A Lite-Trac crop sprayer, or liquid fertiliser applicator, mounts onto the SS2400 Tool Carrier centrally between both axles to maintain equal weight distribution on all four wheels and a low centre of gravity whether empty or full. The stainless steel tanks are manufactured in capacities of up to 8,000 litres, whilst Pommier aluminium booms of up to 48 meters can be fitted, making these Europe’s largest four-wheeled self-propelled sprayers.
Lite-Trac also manufacture bespoke sprayers.
Agri-Spread high capacity demountable spreader mounts onto the SS2400 Tool Carrier and is specifically designed to take full advantage of its 50/50 weight distribution. The spreader is capable of spreading a wide range of materials including fertiliser, fibre foss, lime and poultry waste.
The standard hopper can hold up to 12t lime, or 5.6t fertiliser, and extension sides are available for lighter materials. Spreading widths of 24m and above are achievable at rates of 20 kg/Ha to 4t/Ha, subject to the product.
Lite-Trac pneumatic applicators for precision application of slug pellets and Avadex are manufactured in widths of up to 36 metres.
Lite-Trac showcases its machinery at the following shows and events:
- 1st Directory Lite-Trac listing. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- Lite-Trac Press Release Archived 15 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine., 17 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- Farmers Guardian "Cereals 2006 Machinery", 23 June 2006. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- SS2400 Tool Carrier Technical Specification. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- Farmers Guardian "Focus on high capacity and high output", 23 March 2011. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- Farmers Weekly "Lite-Trac liquid fertiliser applicator", 17 June 2011. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- Omex Archived 2 June 2015 at the Wayback Machine. "All Round Team Effort Key to Success of Longest Standing Omex Contractor". Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- Independent Ireland "Agri-Spread's new machines impress", 12 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- Farmers Weekly "Cereals 2012 new kit: Lite-Trac high-capacity demountable spreader", 15 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- "Grassland & Muck 2011 exhibitors". Grassland & Muck. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "Delivery and Removal of Exhibits" (PDF). LAMMA Show. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "CEREALS 2009: Spreader body on Lite-Trac.". Farmers Guardian. CMP Information Ltd. June 2009.
- "Tillage 2011 Exhibitors" (PDF). Tillage-live.uk.com. 2011. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- Lamma '10: Covering the miles as well as the crops is crucial for contractor Farmers Guardian. 5 January 2010.
- Harvest Highlights Photos 2010 Farmers Weekly ispace. 2010.
- View from the H-edge Farmers Weekly ispace. 2010.
- Sprayers who’s who[permanent dead link] Sygenta AG. March 2011.
- Extending sprayer capabilities Farmers Weekly. 2 June 2011.