|Genres||Math rock, Progressive rock, Post-Rock|
|Years active||2003 - present|
|Labels||I Want The Moon (Japan)
Topshelf Records (North America)
Blood and Biscuits (UK/Europe)
|Members||Nobuyuki Takeda (Guitar)
Kozo Kusumoto (Guitar & Synthesizer)
Jun Izawa (Bass)
Akinori Yamamoto (Drums)
Lite, stylized as LITE, is a Japanese rock band that has been termed "one of Japan's top instrumental rock acts." The band is made up of Nobuyuki Takeda (guitar), Kozo Kusumoto (guitar & synthesizer), Jun Izawa (bass), and Akinori Yamamoto (drums), and plays math rock. All of their albums have charted in Japan, with For All the Innocence charting the best, at number 85 on the Oricon chart.
Formed in 2003 in Tokyo, Lite played many gigs around Tokyo and self-released two demo CDs. In 2006, they released one mini-album, Lite, and one full-length album, Filmlets, through Transduction in the UK and Cargo in Europe.
Lite's sound combines the precision and musicianship of prog rock with the emotionally charged cinematic compositions of art rock, in a heavier, more modern package that they describe as “math rock”.
They toured the UK and Ireland in 2006. In July 2007, they played at Fuji Rock Festival in Japan and followed that with another UK & Ireland tour in September, coinciding with a split release with Funanori (Kaori Tsuchida from The Go! Team and Mike Watt from the Minutemen). Titled "A Tiny Twofer", the split CD features three songs each. In 2008 they released their second album Phantasia. In May 2009, they made their American debut in New York City opening for Mike Watt's Missingmen.
- Nobuyuki Takeda (guitar)
- Kozo Kusumoto (guitar & synthesizer)
- Jun Izawa (bass)
- Akinori Yamamoto (drums)
- 1st Demo CD (2003)
- 2nd Demo CD (2004)
- Lite Demo CD-R US West Coast Tour 2010 Limited (2010)
- Lite (2006)
- Past, Present, Future (2012)
- Filmlets (2007)
- Phantasia (2008)
- For All The Innocence (2011)
- Installation (2013)
- Live in Limerick (2007)
- Live in New York (2009)
- Live in Los Angeles (2010)
- A Tiny Twofer (2007)
- Turns Red (2009)
- Illuminate (2010)
- Lite-UK/Ireland Tour (2007)
- Despres, Shawn (30 June 2011). "Lite "For All the Innocence"". Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Lite no CD arubamu rankingu". Oricon. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- Helbig, Robert. "Lite – Past.Present.Future". Nothing But Hope and Passion. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "The RMF Loves Lite". Real Music Forum
- Despres, Shawn (15 October 2010). "Lite". Japan Times. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- Kato, Naohiro. "Lite For All The Innocence Interview". New Audiogram (in Japanese).
- Iida, Jin'ichiro. "Lite: Miura Kaoru X Takeda Nobuyuki". Ototoy (in Japanese). Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Kore wa shizen ni umarete kita ongaku". Qetic (in Japanese). Retrieved 10 December 2012.