Lithgow railway station
|Location||Main Street, Lithgow
|Elevation||917 metres (3,009 ft)|
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||155.78 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||9 March 1925|
Lithgow railway station is located on the Main Western line in New South Wales, Australia. It serves the Central West city of Lithgow. It has frequent NSW TrainLink services running to and from Sydney Central.
In 1957 the line was electrified through Lithgow to Bowenfels, but Lithgow is the present limit of electric operations. At the same time a refreshment room opened on the platform, this closed in July 1990 being the last example in the state. The station exit was originally located on the footbridge at the eastern end of the platform until replaced by the present concourse in August 1991.
Platforms & services
Lithgow has one island platform with two sides. It is the terminating point for NSW TrainLink Blue Mountains Line services from Sydney Central. It is also served by the Bathurst Bullet to Bathurst, the Central West XPT to Dubbo and the Outback Xplorer to Broken Hill. Great Southern Rail's Indian Pacific also stops at Lithgow.
|1||terminating services to & from Sydney Central|||
|services to Sydney Central|||
|Great Southern Rail||Indian Pacific to Sydney Central|||
|2||services to Bathurst
terminating services to & from Sydney Central
|services to Dubbo & Broken Hill|||
|Great Southern Rail||Indian Pacific to Perth|||
- 100: to Lithgow Hospital
- 200: to Bowenfels
- 304: to Oakey Park & McKellars Park
- 500: to Vale of Clwydd
- 600: to Portland
- 636: to Bathurst
- Lithgow Station NSWrail.net
- Lithgow Railway Station & Residence NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Lithgow refreshment room closes" Railway Digest September 1990 page 315
- "Blue Mountains line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Western timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [Updated 15 June 2013].
- "Indian Pacific timetable". Great Southern Rail. 2 August 2015.
- "Lithgow timetables" (PDF). Lithgow Buslines. 10 December 2014.
- "Route 636 timetable" (PDF). Lithgow Buslines. 10 December 2014.