Lithuanian Institute of History
The Lithuanian Institute of History (Lithuanian: Lietuvos istorijos institutas) is a state-funded research institution in Lithuania. Governed by national law, it is the country's main institution of history research, concentrating mostly on the history of Lithuania and its neighbouring states.
The institute employs 126 people; 64 of them have Ph.D. degrees and 4 are hablitated doctors. Its director is Rimantas Miknys. The institute is divided into 7 sections (archaeology, cities, ethnology, archaeography, Grand Duchy of Lithuania, 19th century and 20th century). It also has its own library, collection of manuscripts, and publishing house. It was established in 1941 as a division of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences.
As of 2007, the institute was working on 15 projects, main of them is 12-volume academic history of Lithuania. The institute publishes semi-annual journal Lietuvos istorijos metraštis and annual English journal Lithuanian Historical Studies.
- "Lietuvos Istorijos Instituto Istatai" (in Lithuanian). Seimas (Parliament) of the Republic of Lithuania. Retrieved 2010-03-03.
- "Projects list at Lithuanian Institute of History webpage" (in Lithuanian). Retrieved 2007-01-13.
- "Project summary at Lithuanian Institute of History webpage" (in Lithuanian). Retrieved 2007-01-13.
- "List of latest issues" (in Lithuanian). Retrieved 2007-01-13.
- "List of latest issues". Retrieved 2007-01-13.
|This Lithuania-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Lithuanian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|