LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
|LittleBigPlanet PS Vita|
European cover art
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, multiplayer (co-op)|
|Distribution||Download, NVG Card|
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is puzzle platform video game developed by Double Eleven, Tarsier Studios and Sony XDev Europe. for the PlayStation Vita handheld game console. It is the fourth game of the main LittleBigPlanet franchise; a series of puzzle platformers for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable centered around user-generated content. The game was first announced in January 2011 along with the reveal of the PlayStation Vita console, then known as the Next Generation Portable (NGP), and the first details of the game were revealed on 6 June 2011 at the Electronic Entertainment Expo. It was released on 19 September 2012 in the UK, 20 September 2012 in Japan and Australia, and 25 September 2012 for the North American markets.
As in previous titles in the LittleBigPlanet series, players control a character named Sackboy through a variety of worlds utilising the character's various abilities such as jumping and grabbing objects. It also features various non-platforming mini-games. Numerous multiplayer options are available. As well as up to four-player online competitive or co-op gameplay, the PlayStation Vita's multi-touch display can be used by two players for competitive games. "Pass'n'Play" is also available, enabling turn-based gameplay. The rear touchpanels present on the PlayStation Vita is also used for pushing objects toward the player, creating platforms out of parts of the world.
Players are able to create their own levels and share them online using the PlayStation Network. The PlayStation Vita's touch-screen display can be used to directly draw objects and platforms in the game world. As well as unique creation tools such as these, the game also includes all of the tools available in LittleBigPlanet 2 (with the exception of LBP2's DLC tools such as the Worm Hole). Costumes bought from the PSN used to customise the player's character are transferable between the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita games. Content can also be shared over both Wi-Fi and a 3G network.
Additional tools and material
The PlayStation Vita version of the game has tools from previous versions of LittleBigPlanet that have been adapted to suit the Vita's control system, as well as new tools. The Controlinator along with The Motion Sensor, The Touch Sensor, The Touch Tweaker, The Touch Cursor, The Layer Tool, provide players with touch controls.
A pre order bonus with BioShock costumes will be included if the game is preordered. The pack includes a costume of a "Big Daddy" and a "Little Sister". A "Knights Of Old" Pack has also been announced, allowing you to dress as a knight, dragon or a princess.
|2012||Gamescom Awards||Best Mobile Game||Won|
|TIGA Games Industry Awards||Game of the Year||Won|
|IGN Game Awards||Vita Game of the Year||Won|
|2013||Pocket Gamer Awards||PS Vita Game of the Year||Won|
- "Double11 Working Alongside Tarsier On LittleBigPlanet Vita". GamingUnion.net. 27 June 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- Olly. "Double Eleven » LittleBigAnnouncement". Double11.co.uk. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- "LittleBigPlanet Vita announced at E3". Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "LittleBigPlanet (working title) - PlayStation Vita, PS Vita game". uk.playstation.com. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- Simon (August 2, 2012). "LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Release Date Announced". Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita". Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- By: Proven28. "Sony NGP Includes Uncharted, Killzone, Resist". Shacknews.com. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- Schramm, Mike (7 June 2011). "LittleBigPlanet (PS Vita) preview: Touched by a Sackboy". Joystiq. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- "EB Games Expo 2011: Little Big Planet Vita Stage Demo". GameSpot. October 14, 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- StevenI (February 13, 2012). "New Tools, Features, Tweaks and More!". Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- Moriarty, Colin (June 25, 2012). "Get BioShocked by LittleBigPlanet Vita". IGN. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "LittleBigPlanet PS Vita for Playstation Vita". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "LittleBigPlanet PS Vita for PlayStation Vita Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- Parkin, Simon (September 20, 2012). "Handmade, Handheld". Eurogamer. Gamer Network. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- Helgeson, Matt (September 12, 2012). "Sackboy Conquers Another Sony System". Game Informer. GameStop. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- Tong, Sophia (September 12, 2012). "Another Joyous Adventure for Sackboy Packed onto the PS Vita". GamesRadar. Future Publishing. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- Calvert, Justin (September 18, 2012). "LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "LittleBigPlanet Vita Review". GameTrailers. Viacom Entertainment Group. September 24, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- Miller, Greg. "Sackboy's Definitive Adventure". IGN. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- Davies, Emma (September 12, 2012). "PlayStation's Cuddliest Scales Down Wonderfully". Official PlayStation Magazine (UK). Future Publishing. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "リトルビッグプラネット PlayStation Vita". Famitsu. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- "And the winners of the gamescom 2012 awards are…". Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!". Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- "Best PS Vita Game". Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Official website
- Double Eleven Limited official website
- Tarsier Studios official website
- LBPWiki - Official LittleBigPlanet Wiki