Little Birds (TV series)
|Created by||Sophia Al Maria|
|Based on||Little Birds by Anais Nin|
|Directed by||Stacie Passon|
|No. of episodes||(list of episodes)|
|Running time||49-50 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Warp Films|
|Distributor||ITV Studios Global Entertainment|
|Original network||Sky Atlantic|
Little Birds is a Sky Atlantic original drama television series starring Juno Temple and produced by Warp Films. The 6-episode series is set to be released on Sky Atlantic and NOW TV on 4 August 2020. In Australia, it is available on Stan.
Playfully inspired by Anaïs Nin’s posthumously published 1979 collection of erotic short stories, Little Birds weaves stories of love and desire together with personal drama and political intrigue, set against a uniquely distinctive backdrop of hedonism and conflict. Little Birds was filmed on location in Andalucia with studio elements in Manchester.
Little Birds is set in Tangier in 1955, in the famous ‘international zone’ - one of the last outposts of colonial decadence, and a culture shock in more ways than one for troubled American debutante Lucy Savage (Juno Temple). Lucy desires an unconventional life free from the societal cage she’s been kept in and, along with Tangier itself, finds herself on the cusp of achieving a painful yet necessary independence.
- Juno Temple as Lucy Savage
- Yumna Marwan as Cherifa Lamour
- Raphael Acloque as Adam Abaza
- Hugh Skinner as Hugo Cavendish-Smyth
- Jean-Marc Barr as Secretary Pierre Vaney
- Rossy De Palma as Contessa Mandrax
- Nina Sosanya as Lili von X
- David Costabile as Grant Savage
- Amy Landecker as Vanessa Savage
- Matt Lauria as Bill
- Kamel Labroudi as Leo
- Fady Elsayed as Aziz
- Alexander Albrecht as Frederic
All episodes were available from the 4 August 2020
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||U.K. viewers|
|1||"Episode 1"||Stacie Passon||Sophia Al Maria||4 August 2020||N/A|
|2||"Episode 2"||Stacie Passon||Sophia Al Maria||4 August 2020||N/A|
|3||"Episode 3"||Stacie Passon||Sophia Al Maria||11 August 2020||N/A|
|4||"Episode 4"||Stacie Passon||Sophia Al Maria||18 August 2020||N/A|
|5||"Episode 5"||Stacie Passon||Sophia Al Maria Stacey Gregg||25 August 2020||TBD|
|6||"Episode 6"||Stacie Passon||Ruth McCance||1 September 2020||TBD|
In February 2019, it was announced Juno Temple, Yumna Marwan and Raphael Acloque had joined the cast of the series, with Stacie Passon directing from a screenplay by Sophia Al-Maria, Warp Films will produce the series. The series will air on Sky Atlantic in the United Kingdom and Sky in Spain. In April 2019, Hugh Skinner, Jean-Marc Barr, Rossy De Palma and Nina Sosanya joined the cast of the series. In June 2019, Dave Constabile, Amy Landecker and Matt Lauria joined the cast of the series. Anne Nikitin composed the series score.
- Ling, Thomas (26 June 2020). "Watch the first trailer for Sky drama Little Birds based on erotic short stories". Radio Times. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- White, Peter (19 February 2019). "Juno Temple-Fronted Period Drama 'Little Birds' & Sci-Fi Drama 'Intergalactic' Lead Sky Drama Slate". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 14 June 2020.
- "Hugh Skinner, Rossy De Palma, Nina Sosanya and Jean-Marc Barr join the cast of Little Birds as filming commences on the Sky original production". Sky Atlantic. 5 April 2019. Retrieved 14 June 2020.
- White, Peter (13 June 2019). "'Little Birds': David Costabile, Amy Landecker & Matt Lauria Join Sky Atlantic Period Drama". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 14 June 2020.
- "Anne Nikitin to Score Sky's 'Little Birds'". FilmMusicReporter. 24 February 2020. Retrieved 14 June 2020.
- Goundry, Nick (26 March 2019). "Little Birds starts filming for Sky". The Knowledge Online. Retrieved 14 June 2020.
- Abbatescianni, Davide (4 April 2019). "Sky Atlantic's Little Birds starts filming in Spain". Cine Europa. Retrieved 14 June 2020.
- "Little Birds wraps filming in Spain and Manchester". KFTV.com. 28 June 2019. Retrieved 14 June 2020.