Little Boy Blue (TV series)
|Little Boy Blue|
Little Boy Blue title sequence
|Written by||Jeff Pope|
|Directed by||Paul Whittington|
Stephen Graham |
Brían F. O'Byrne
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Executive producer(s)||Jeff Pope|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||ITV Studios|
|Original release||24 April– 15 May 2017|
- Stephen Graham – Detective Superintendent Dave Kelly
- Sinead Keenan – Melanie Jones
- Brían F. O'Byrne – Steve Jones
- Faye McKeever – Claire Olssen
- Sonny Beyga – Rhys Jones
- Matthew Roberts – Owen Jones
- Stephen Walters – DCI Mark Guinness
- Christine Tremarco – Marie Thompson
- Sara Powell – Assistant Chief Constable Pat Gallan
- Michael Moran – Kevin Moody
- Nathan Clark Smith – Jordan Olssen
- James Nelson-Joyce – James Yates
- Paddy Rowan – Sean Mercer
- Jack McMullen – Dean Kelly
Stephen Graham was cast as Detective Superintendent Dave Kelly and Sinead Keenan and Brían F. O'Byrne were cast as Melanie and Steve Jones, respectively in a new four-part drama titled Little Boy Blue. On 18 April 2017, it was confirmed that the programme would begin its broadcasting on 24 April 2017 on a weekly basis, concluding on 15 May.
Little Boy Blue aired in four sixty-minute episodes. Whilst filming took place in Liverpool, the murder scene itself was filmed outside Liverpool as a sign of respect for his parents. However locations used in Liverpool include the Anglican Cathedral and Liverpool Crown Court.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Viewers|
|1||"Episode One"||Paul Whittington||Jeff Pope||24 April 2017||8.12|
|When eleven-year-old schoolboy Rhys Jones is brutally shot dead walking home from football practice, Detective Superintendent Dave Kelly (Stephen Graham) is charged with bringing his teenage killer to justice. His identity is well known, but finding the evidence to charge him proves to be a far more difficult challenge.|
|2||"Episode Two"||Paul Whittington||Jeff Pope||1 May 2017||7.88|
|As Rhys Jones is laid to rest, a police raid at the home of Kevin Moody (Michael Moran) leads to the recovery of the gun used in his murder. Moody must choose between being labelled a "grass" and risking retribution, or speaking the truth to clear his name. Unexpectedly, a forensic examination of the gun leaves the entire investigation hanging in the balance.|
|3||"Episode Three"||Paul Whittington||Jeff Pope||8 May 2017||7.99|
|When potential witness Claire Olssen is intimidated into changing her statement, the investigation team look for other ways to reinforce their case. As Steve returns to work, Kelly is offered a deal that tests his resolve.|
|4||"Episode Four"||Paul Whittington||Jeff Pope||15 May 2017||8.25|
|Mercer and his associates are tried for their roles in Rhys's murder. The verdict fails to bring closure for Melanie (Sinead Keenan) and Steve (Brían F. O'Byrne) as the fractures in their relationship come to a head. An unexpected setback leaves Kelly with a tough decision to make.|
- Kelly, Helen (24 April 2017). "Little Boy Blue writer 'still can't make sense' of Rhys Jones' tragic murder". Daily Express. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "Little Boy Blue Curtis Brown". Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "little-boy-blue". ITV. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- Graham, Alison. "Little Boy Blue Episode Guide". Radio Times. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- ITV Media | Little Boy Blue
- Munn, Patrick (18 April 2017). "ITV Sets Premiere Date For 'Little Boy Blue'". TV Wise. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Parry, Josh (25 April 2017). "Why ITV's Little Boy Blue didn't film in carpark where Rhys was murdered". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 25 April 2017.