Little Clowns of Happytown
|Little Clowns of Happytown|
|Based on||A concept by Anthony Paul Productions|
|Developed by||Chuck Lorre|
|Written by||Bruce Faulk
|Directed by||Vincent Davis (Supervising Director)
John Kafka (Supervising Director)
Brian Ray (Supervising Director)
George Singer (Supervising Director)
|Voices of||Sue Blu
|Theme music composer||D.C. Brown
Anthony Paul Productions
|Composer(s)||Robert J. Walsh|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||18|
|Executive producer(s)||Lee Gunther
|Producer(s)||Rudy J. Zamora|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||ABC Entertainment
Murakami Wolf Swenson
|Distributor||ABC Entertainment (former)
Young Future Entertainment (MENA)
DHX Media (current)
|Original release||September 26, 1987 – July 16, 1988|
The series is set around young clowns from Happytown, whose goal is to spread happiness and imbue positive mental attitudes around the world wherever they go. The young clowns are Big Top (the leader), Badum-Bump (Big Top's little brother), Hiccup, Tickles, Pranky, Blooper (Hiccup's big brother), along with their pet elephant, Rover, and their mentor, Mr. Pickleherring. The only thing that stands in their way is Awful BeBad, the master of doom and gloom, and his two minions, Geek and Whiner.
- Awful Bebad - The main antagonist. He wears a purple bowler hat and purple coat. He hates anything happy or cheerful and aims to spread as much misery and gloom as possible. He hates the word "Happy" which is known as the "H word"
- Geek - A big fat nerd. Despite his name, he is not very bright.
- Whiner - A teenager with a whiny voice.
All the villains were voiced by Pat Fraley.
- Sue Blu - Hiccup
- Charlie Adler - Pranky
- Danny Cooksey - Big Top
- Frank Welker - Badum-Bump, Rover the Elephant
- Ron Palillo - Arnie and Ralphie's dad
- Pat Fraley - Awful BeBad, Geek, Whiner
- Josh Rodine - Blooper
- Ellen Gerstell - Tickles
- Howard Morris - Mr. Pickleherring
- Mona Marshall - Arnie
- Russi Taylor - Ralphie
- Noelle North - Arnie and Ralphie's mom
- Baby Blues
- Big Heart, Sweetheart
- Carnival Crashers
- Clowny Exchange
- Won't You Please Come Home, Blooper...Geek?
- BeBad's Pet Peeve
- City Clowns, Country Clowns
- Don't Tell Mom
- Goodbye Grandma
- I'm Just Like You
- Lost And Not Found
- New Dad, No Dad
- Nobody's Useless
- Only When I Laugh
- The Chosen Clown
- To Be Or Not To Be... Me
- To Mr. Pickleherring With Love
- Too Scared Too Laugh
- TV Guide Guide to TV. Barnes & Noble. 2004. p. 371. ISBN 0-7607-5634-1.
- CHARLES SOLOMON (1987-10-09). "Kidvid Reviews : Cartoon Debuts Are All Drawn Out - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|