European cover art
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
Little Deviants is an arcade game that was developed by Bigbig Studios for the PlayStation Vita. Little Deviants is Bigbig's last game since Sony Computer Entertainment announced the studio's closure on 10 January 2012. The game was released on 17 December 2011 in Japan, 15 February 2012 in North America, and 22 February 2012 in Europe as a launch title for the PlayStation Vita. Little Deviants is composed of 30 minigames that make use of the Vita's front multitouch touchscreen, rear multitouch touchpad, SIXAXIS motion controls, and augmented reality capabilities, along with traditional controls.
The goal of Little Deviants is to play through the game's 30 minigames in order to rebuild the Little Deviants' spaceship, which was destroyed by the Botz.
Little Deviants has received generally mixed reviews from critics. GameRankings gives the game a 55.12% approval, while Metacritic gives a 57/100 approval based on 62 reviews, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
IGN gave Little Deviants a 6/10, stating that "It's a decent piece of (admittedly overpriced) software. And its pretty, vivid graphics and surprisingly catchy old-school inspired soundtrack certainly please aesthetically. But a strong hook doesn't exist."
- "PS Vita Launch Line-up, New Exclusive Games And More Revealed – PlayStation.Blog.Europe". Blog.eu.playstation.com. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "Pre Order Little Deviants, an arcade game for the PS VITA system from PlayStation®". Us.playstation.com. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- Crossley, Rob (January 10, 2012). "Sony closes and restructures two UK studios". Developer Online. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- Moriarty, Colin (February 13, 2013). "Little Deviants Review". IGN. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- Little Deviants at PlayStation.com