Little Forest Hills, Dallas
|Little Forest Hills|
|Area code(s)||214, 469, 972|
Development of Little Forest Hills began after White Rock Lake was completed in 1910 with development taking off in the 1930s. The neighborhood’s collection of wood-framed 30’s and 40’s homes were originally recreational lake houses and hunting cabins.  At the time this area was considered the out skirts of town.
The 80’s and 90’s saw an influx of artists attracted to the relative affordability of the homes and the close proximity to the lake. The neighborhood soon mirrored it residents whose talent manifested in the colorful landscaping and creative ornamentation. In recent years the neighborhood has experienced gentrification as more affluent professionals have renovated and expanded the smaller homes.
Little Forest Hills is a neighborhood in east Dallas.
The area is bordered by:
- Lakeland Drive & Forest Hills (Southwest)
- Old Gate Lane & Casa Linda Estates (Northeast)
- Garland Road (Northwest)
- Train tracks & Casa Linda Forest (Southeast)
The neighborhood was the setting for a 2007 documentary about urban sprawl entitled Subdivided: Isolation and Community in America. The movie, by Dean Terry, held up Little Forest Hills as an example of 'good' development. The documentary, critical of tear-down construction and master planned subdivisions, was featured on KERA and received critical acclaim from the Dallas Observer.
- John Johns. "Little Forest Hills". Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- The Dallas Whisperer (2 August 2013). "Where are the urban, diverse, progressive DIY-ers, neighborhoods in Dallas, Or does all of Dallas feel like North Dallas". Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Dallas ISD - 2006 School Feeder Patterns Archived 2007-04-09 at the Wayback Machine. - Bryan Adams High School Archived 2006-10-12 at the Wayback Machine.. (Maps: ES: Sanger; MS: Gaston; HS: Adams Archived 2012-02-07 at the Wayback Machine..) Retrieved 15 April 2007.
- Subdivided: Documentary on Suburbanism and McMansions Featuring Little Forest Hills to Air on KERA 13 Wednesday | Dallas | pegasusnews.com