|Single by Snow Patrol|
|from the album Songs for Polarbears|
|B-side||"Sticky Teenage Twin"
|Released||16 February 1998|
|Format||7" Vinyl, Maxi single|
|Recorded||Chamber Studios, Edinburgh|
|Genre||Indie rock, alternative rock|
|Writer(s)||Gary Lightbody and Mark McClelland|
|Snow Patrol singles chronology|
"Little Hide" was the first single released by Scotland-based alternative rock band Snow Patrol. It was released on 16 February 1998 under the Jeepster Records label. It is notable for being the first release by Snow Patrol for the label.
The single was the first release by the band under the name "Snow Patrol" after changing from "Polarbear" due to copyright issues.
The actual voice message concerning this name change can be heard at the start of the song "Little Hide":
Hi Gary. Hi Jonny. Err Mark here. Just calling up because I've just been speaking to Rankin and he's going to send me a fax tomorrow that he's received from America regarding the use of the name Polarbear. They want to sue us or make sure that we basically don't ever use the name again. But I'll speak to you later about this. Sorry to drop the bombshell.
- 7" Vinyl:
- A: "Little Hide" - 2:41
- B: "Sticky Teenage Twin" - 2:08
- Maxi CD:
- "Little Hide" - 2:41
- "Sticky Teenage Twin" - 2:08
- "Limited Edition" - 2:33
- "Jj" - 1:47
- "Little Hide" (Video)
The video for "Little Hide" was uncredited. It was not mentioned in the artwork.
Release and reception
The single was issued in two formats, Maxi CD and 7" Vinyl. It received mixed reviews from critics, earning 2 and a half stars from AllMusic's Nitsuh Abebe, who called the songs "competent". The single sold poorly and failed to chart.
- "Snow Patrol". Channel 4. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "Releases". Jeepster. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Snow Patrol - Little Hide (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- "Snow Patrol - Little Hide (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. 1998-02-16. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- Nitsuh Abebe. "Little Hide - Snow Patrol | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-05-10.