Little Island, Cork
An tOileán Beag
Little Island, County Cork, is a civil parish and mainly industrial area to the east of Cork city, Ireland. It is no longer an island, since the northern channel separating it from the mainland has filled over. To the west and south is Lough Mahon, part of Cork Harbour; across a channel to the east is Fota Island.
Since the 1990s, development has grown, with retail and commercial spaces opened at Little Island Business Park and East Gate Retail Park. As of 2017, the Little Island Business Association reported that there were approximately 1000 businesses operating in the area.
The Cork–Cobh railway line skirts the island to the north and west. It includes Little Island railway station, which opened on 10 November 1859. It has direct rail services to Cork, Cobh, Mallow, and Midleton.
- "An tOileán Beag". Placenames Database of Ireland. Retrieved 2014-10-20.
- "LIBA Members Directory - Pharma". Little Island Business Association. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Carrigrennan Wastewater Treatment Works Upgrade - Consultant Contract Planning Stage". Office of Government Procurement. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Little Island a business hub". Cork Independent. 9 October 2013.
- "About us". Little Island Business Association. Archived from the original on 25 January 2017.
- "Contact Us". Cork Golf Club. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Little Island station" (PDF). Railscot - Irish Railways. Retrieved 2007-08-31.
|This geographical article about County Cork is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|