Little Red Riding Hood (1922 film)
|Little Red Riding Hood|
|Directed by||Walt Disney|
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Animation by||Rudolph Ising|
|Release date(s)||July 29, 1922|
|Color process||Black and white|
|Running time||6 minutes 12 seconds|
|Preceded by||Kansas City’s Spring Cleanup|
|Followed by||The Four Musicians of Bremen|
Little Red Riding Hood (1922) is a Walt Disney short cartoon, and is a rendition of the traditional story of Little Red Riding Hood. The film is part of the Laugh-O-Grams series that was released in 1922. This is one of the first ever Walt Disney cartoons, and considered Disney's first attempt at animated storytelling. Rather than using animation cels, it was made mostly by photographing inked lines on paper. The film was considered to be lost for many years and it was listed in 1980 on the American Film Institute's "10 Most Wanted Films for Archival Preservation". A print of the film was discovered by a British collector in a London film library in 1998 and was restored the same year.
A second American short film with the same title was also released in 1922 which starred Baby Peggy.
- New York Times
- The Encyclopedia of Disney Animated Shorts
- Walt in wonderland: the silent films of Walt Disney by Russell Merritt, J. B. Kaufman, & Associazione Le Giornate del cinema muto, Giornate del Cinema Muto 1993, ISBN 88-86155-02-6
- Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination by Neal Gabler, Random House 2007, ISBN 0-679-75747-3
- The Animated Man: A Life of Walt Disney by Michael Barrier, University of California Press 2008, ISBN 0-520-25619-0
- Walt Disney Fairy Tale Treasury: Blue by Walt Disney Productions, Disney Studios, Penguin Group 1991, ISBN 0-8317-9291-4
- Solomon, Charles (17 July 1998). "Fairy Tale Ending to a Real Disney Story". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- The Animated Man: A Life of Walt Disney
- Beckett, Sandra L. (2002). Recycling Red Riding Hood: Volume 23 of Children's literature and culture (illustrated ed.). Routledge. ISBN 9780415930000.
- Dave Smith, Disney A to Z: The Official Encyclopedia