Little River Band (album)
|Little River Band|
|Studio album by Little River Band|
November 1975 (AUS)September 1976 (USA)
|Little River Band chronology|
|Singles from Little River Band|
Little River Band is the first album by the Australian rock group Little River Band which was released by EMI in November 1975. It peaked at No. 12 on the Australian Kent Music Report Albums Chart. The band's first single, "Curiosity (Killed the Cat)", was released in September ahead of the album and peaked at No. 15 on the Kent Music Report Singles Chart. The following single, "Emma", appeared in January 1976 and peaked at No. 20. In May, the band released "Everyday of My Life" together with its album, After Hours.
In September, the group left on their first international tour with support dates to Queen in London; then toured the rest of Europe. Next they toured the US as support to the Average White Band. The third single from Little River Band — a trimmed version of "It's a Long Way There" — was released in November and reached the Australian Top 40. To coincide with the tour, the album was released internationally and reached No. 80 in the United States on the Billboard 200 album chart in 1976. "It's a Long Way There" became the band's first US Top 40 hit. It also charted in Netherlands to reach No. 14. The next single, "I'll Always Call Your Name", also charted in the US but had no chart success in Australia.
On 30 July 2010, the album became available for download (in digitally remastered form) at the iTunes Store.
All tracks are written by Little River Band members as shown.
- "It's a Long Way There" (Graeham Goble) – 8:39
- "Curiosity (Killed the Cat)" (Beeb Birtles) – 3:40
- "Meanwhile ..." (Glenn Shorrock) – 3:35
- "My Lady & Me" (Goble) – 5:45
- "I'll Always Call Your Name" (Birtles) – 4:48
- "Emma" (Shorrock) – 3:35
- "The Man in Black" (Shorrock) – 5:06
- "Statue of Liberty" (Shorrock) – 3:28
- "I Know It" (Goble) – 3:21
Little River Band members
- Beeb Birtles – lead vocals, backing vocals, guitars (acoustic, electric)
- Ric Formosa – guitars (lead, acoustic, slide)
- Graeham Goble – lead vocals, backing vocals, guitars (acoustic, electric), vocal arrangements
- Roger McLachlan – bass guitar
- Derek Pellicci – drums, percussion
- Glenn Shorrock – lead vocals, backing vocals, percussion, harmonica
- Stephen Cooney – clavinet (track 2), mandolin (track 9)
- Gary Hyde – percussion
- Peter Jones – strings (arrangement, conductor), piano (tracks 1–5, 7–9)
- Col Laughnan – saxophone (track 8)
- Ian Mason – piano (track 6)
- Engineering – Ross Cockle (recording and remix), Mark Opitz (mastering)
- Producer – Birtles, Shorrock, Glenn Wheatley, Goble
- Studio – Armstrong's Studios, Melbourne
|1975||Kent Music Report (Australia) Albums||12|
|1976||Billboard (United States) Pop Albums||80|
|1975||"Curiosity (Killed the Cat)"||Kent Music Report (Australia) Singles||15|
|1976||"It's a Long Way There"||35|
|GfK (Netherlands) Top 40 Singles||14|
|Billboard (United States) Hot 100 Singles||28|
|"I'll Always Call Your Name"||62|
- Allmusic review
- "Discografie Little River Band". Gfk Dutch Charts. Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 May 2010. Note: Information in Dutch.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book Ltd. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. Note: Used for Australian Singles and Albums charting from 1974 until ARIA created their own charts in mid-1988. In 1992, Kent back calculated chart positions for 1970–1974.
- "Little River Band > Charts & Albums > Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- "APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 30 May 2010. Note: requires user to enter song title, e.g. It's a Long Way There
- "Little River Band > Charts & Albums > Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 30 May 2010.