Little Rock River
|Little Rock River|
|District||Lyon County, Iowa, Osceola County, Iowa, Nobles County, Minnesota|
|Doon, Iowa, US|
|1,250 ft (380 m)|
The Little Rock River is a tributary of the Rock River, 74.5 miles (119.9 km) long, in southwestern Minnesota and northwestern Iowa in the United States. Via the Rock, Big Sioux and Missouri rivers, it is part of the watershed of the Mississippi River.
It has also been known as "Little Rock Creek".
The Little Rock River rises in Nobles County, Minnesota, 3 miles (5 km) west of the town of Worthington, and flows generally southwestwardly through Osceola and Lyon counties in Iowa, where it passes the towns of Little Rock and George. It flows into the Rock River about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) southwest of Doon.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Little Rock River
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map Archived 2012-04-05 at WebCite, accessed March 30, 2011
- Doon, Iowa, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 1971
- Columbia Gazetteer of North America entry
- DeLorme (1998). Iowa Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-214-5.
- DeLorme (1994). Minnesota Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-222-6.
|This article related to a river in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in Nobles County, Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river or creek in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|