|Voices of||Kathleen Laskey
Tabitha St. Germain (as "Paulina Gillis")
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||ABC (U.S.)
Channel 4 (UK)
|Original release||September 8 – December 22, 1990|
Based loosely on comedian Roseanne's childhood, this animated series aired late in the day on ABC's Saturday morning lineup. Roseanne didn't voice her own character, although it is rumored she would have had a second season been produced.
The series revolved an 8 year old Roseanne, her sister Tess, and best friend Buddy. The three would use their imaginations to overcome the obstacles they faced, such as spelling bees, family vacations, and rules that their parents forced upon them.
Among the recurring cast were Rosey's parents, little sisters Nonnie & Tater, and a pair of nemesis science nerds. Each episode was composed of two eleven-minute segments.
After the first season, ABC execs told Roseanne that they needed to change a few things, such as adding more boys to the show, among other things. An agreement couldn't be made, and ABC cancelled the show before a second season could be produced, in which Roseanne would have taken over voicing her character.
Two years later, an animated special called The Rosey and Buddy Show was produced as a prime-time special which aired on May 15, 1992, in which Rosey and Buddy invaded CartoonLand to take on the meddling execs who wanted to "change their show".
- Little Rosey: Kathleen Laskey
- Buddy: Noam Zylberman
- Tess: Tabitha St. Germain (as "Paulina Gillis")
- Nonnie/Tater: Lisa Yamanaka
- Mom: Judy Marshak
- Dad: Tony Daniels
- Jeffrey/Matthew: Stephen Bednarski
The first 6 episodes are divided into 2 segments. The last 7 are 1 segment per episode.
- Farewell, My Dolly/Super Rosey (part 1) aired September 8
- Rosey and the Genie/Explorers aired September 15
- Land of the Lost Toys/Magic Woods aired September 22
- New People/Flower Garden aired September 29
- Pirates/The Snowman aired October 6
- The Cake/Super Rosey (part 2) aired October 13
- Of Mice and Rosey aired October 20
- The Pumpkins are Gone! aired October 27
- It's Under the Bed aired November 3
- It's Really Big Out There aired November 10
- The Buddy and the Rosey aired November 17
- Try Not to Lie aired November 24
- Not Rosey, Roseanne aired December 22
- "Popular Roseanne Barr Show May Also Be Cartoon Series". The Los Angeles Times. December 1, 1989. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Little Rosey At Tv.com
- Little Rosey at the Internet Movie Database
- Little Rosey episode guide at Big Cartoon Database
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|