Little Sheep Group
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|China, United States, Canada, Japan, Indonesia|
|Chairman: Mr. Zhang Gang|
Deputy Chairman: Mr. Chen Hongkai
|Website||Little-Sheep Catering Chain Company Limited|
|Little Sheep Group Limited|
Little Sheep currently has over 300 chain restaurants in China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Taiwan and also the United States, Japan and Canada. In 2007, it was awarded the most popular Chinese hot pot restaurant by Chinese Restaurant Association. It was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2008.
Little Sheep posted ¥2 billion in revenues in 2010, or 2% of dining-out receipts in China, according to Pei Liang, secretary-general of the China Chain Store & Franchise Association.
In 2011, Little Sheep was sold to Yum! Brands Inc, a U.S.-based fast food franchise conglomerate (headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky). Yum agreed in May 2011 to acquire Little Sheep for $587 million; however, the deal was delayed for four months as the Chinese Ministry of Commerce conducted an anti-trust investigation. Little Sheep was delisted from Hong Kong Exchange in February 2012 in the end.  In 2016, Yum! Brands spun off their Chinese operations into Yum China, which includes Little Sheep.
- "Hong Kong ship owner seeks to re-list". Financeasia.com. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Jin, Tony (2011-10-27). "Uncertainty Surfaces Over Yum's Takeover of Little Sheep". Thechinaperspective.com. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Guang, Yin (2011-11-08). "China Corporate News: Yum's Little Sheep Takeover Review Cleared". Thechinaperspective.com. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Little Sheep is Delisted Today (Chinese) Feb 2, 2012
- "Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM) today announced that it has completed the separation of Yum China Holdings, Inc. (“Yum China”) from Yum! Brands, creating two powerful, independent, focused growth companies."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Little Sheep Group.|
- Little-Sheep Catering Chain Company Limited (Chinese Version)
- Little-Sheep Catering Chain Company Limited (English Version)
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|