Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Gangaraju Gunnam|
|Produced by||Gangaraju Gunnam|
|Written by||Gangaraju Gunnam|
|Starring||Kavya Annapareddy |
Kota Srinivasa Rao
|Music by||Sri Kommineni|
|Edited by||Mohanrama Rao|
|Distributed by||Font Films|
Little Soldiers is a 1996 Telugu drama film written, directed, and produced by Gangaraju Gunnam. The film featured Kavya Annapareddy, Master Aditya, Kota Srinivasa Rao, and Brahmanandam in lead roles, with soundtrack helmed by Sri Kommineni. Upon release the film, and the soundtrack received positive reviews, and has garnered seven state Nandi Awards including the Nandi Award for Best Feature Film (silver), the National Film Award for Best Child Artist, and became a cult classic. The film was screened at the International Film Festival of India.
It is the story of two ill-behaved children who are orphaned in an accident and are forced to live with their new guardian, the strict disciplinarian and army man - their grandfather. They have never seen him before due to differences between their parents and the grandpa. They get to have a first hand experience of the reason for these differences. In spite of the largely lugubrious plot, the movie itself is very light-hearted to a large extent, containing many moments of comedy. The children's performances are designed to draw laughs. How the grandpa and the children eventually warm up to each other, and the various troubles that the cook and other family members go through trying to raise the children make for family-friendly entertainment.
- Kavya Annapareddy ... Bunny
- Master Aditya ... Sunny
- Sudhakar ... Seshagiri's son
- Giri Babu ... Seshagiri
- Rohini Hattangadi ... Rajeshwari Devi
- Kota Srinivasa Rao ... Major Harishchandra Prasad
- Brahmanandam ... Gun ( House cook in Major's house )
- Heera Rajagopal ... Anitha
- Ramesh Aravind ... Aravind
- Rallapalli ... Gopal
|"I Am a Very Good Girl"||Deepika, Vishnukanth|
|"Maa Father O Tiger"||Mano|
|"Adagaalanundi Oka Doubtuni"||Sri, Deepika, Vishnukanth|
|"Oho Vendi Vennela"||Ram Chakravarthy, M. M. Srilekha, Vishnukanth|
|"Sarele Vooruko Pareshaanenduko"||Sri|
|"Yevadandi Veedu Robinhood Laa"||Mano|
|"Ek Do Teen, Aage Chal"||Ravi|
- Best Feature Film (Silver) - Gunnam Gangaraju
- Best Director - Gunnam Gangaraju
- Best Screenplay Writer - Gunnam Gangaraju
- Best Character Actor - Kota Srinivasa Rao
- Best Child Actor - Master Aditya
- Best Child Actress - Baby Kavya
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 August 2009. Retrieved 18 February 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Gunnam Gangaraju - Telugu Cinema interview - Telugu film producer and director".
- "Little Soldiers Kavya Wedding Photos". 23 December 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 June 2007. Retrieved 22 June 2007.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Little Soldiers". 1 January 2000 – via IMDb.
- "Nandi Awards - 1996 - Winners & Nominees".
- "44th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "'Baby' Kavya's grand reception in Hyderabad - Times of India".