A view of the community
Location of Littlefield in Mohave County, Arizona.
|• Total||11.97 sq mi (30.99 km2)|
|• Land||11.97 sq mi (30.99 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||1,854 ft (565 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||N/A|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
Littlefield is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Mohave County located in the Arizona Strip region of the U.S. state of Arizona. As of the 2010 census, its population was 308. It lies along Interstate 15 approximately 10 miles northeast of Mesquite, Nevada. Littlefield is located in the 86432 zip code.
Littlefield is home to the Littlefield Unified School District, the geographically largest school district in Arizona.
Littlefield and neighboring Beaver Dam have the distinction of being the only towns in Arizona along I-15. Owing to its location in the Arizona Strip, northwest of Grand Canyon National Park and west of the Virgin River, it is isolated by hundreds of miles from the rest of the state. Travel to other towns within Arizona requires crossing through either Nevada or Utah, or routing through unpaved roads to the rest of Arizona's road network.
The Virgin River Gorge is located just to the east of Littlefield.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Beaver Dam Elementary School
- Beaver Dam Middle School
- Beaver Dam High School
- Littlefield Unified School District
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Arizona
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Littlefield". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Andrew Jenson. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News Press, 1941). p. 438
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This Mohave County, Arizona location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|