|Birth name||Litzy Vanya Domínguez Balderas|
October 27, 1982 |
|Occupation(s)||Actress and Singer|
She is known for having been in the Mexican singing group Jeans, and for her (formerly "always" protagonist) roles in Telenovelas: Televisa's DKDA Sueños de Juventud; Telemundo's Daniela, Amarte así, Frijolito, and Una Maid en Manhattan; Venevisión-with-Univisión's Pecadora; and Azteca [Mexico] TV's Quiéreme Tonto, retitled simply Quiéreme. Probably her most successful recent song is "La Rosa." She sang the entrada song (opening theme song) for both Daniela ("Sobreviveré") and Amarte Asi ("Amarte Asi"). For Una Maid en Manhattan, she sings the entrada as a duet with Siller. She also has recorded a theme song entitled "Pecadora" for Pecadora. However, as recently aired, the telenovela is not using that song for its entrada, but (in part) as the closing theme. Amarte Asi has also been aired with a different title, Frijolito. It is also notable that Litzy won a sort of acting-contest reality show run by Telemundo entitled Protagonistas de la Fama. Apparently her winning of that contest landed her the starring role in Amarte Así. She also was the star of Daniela, and recently starred in Pecadora, Quiéreme Tonto (2010), and Una Maid en Manhattan (2012), a spin-off and expansion of the Jennifer Lopez movie, "A Maid in Manhattan").
Litzy's latest telenovela being aired in the USA as of December, 2014, is Telemundo's Señora Acero, wherein LItzy broke out of her Cinderella type-cast.
Documentation for Litzy and her telenovelas, can be found at the Amarte-Asi forum of Telenovela-World.com.
After making Amarte Así, Litzy studied acting in Los Angeles for the better part of a year, evidently with the desire to do acting in Hollywood, a desire not fulfilled. After acting school, she has been credited with roles in three obscure Mexican movie titles before obtaining her role in Pecadora: "Vestidos y Otras Anécdotas," a short movie entitled "Subversiòn Total" (2007), and "Borderline (2009/II)."
|2007||Subversión total||Short film|
|1999–2000||DKDA: Sueños de juventud||Laura Martínez||Recurring role|
|2000||Carita de ángel||Cantante en la Iglesia||1 episode|
|2002||Daniela||Daniela Gamboa||Lead role|
|2005||Amarte así, Frijolito||Margarita Lizárraga||Lead role|
|2009–2010||Pecadora||Luz María Mendoza||Lead role|
|2010||Quiéreme tonto||Julieta Dorelli||Lead role|
|2011–2012||Una Maid en Manhattan||Marisa Luján||Lead role|
|2014–2016||Señora Acero||Aracely Paniagua||Lead role (225 episodes)|
|2016||Las Princesas||Lucy Villanueva||Series regular|
|2014||Secreteando||Herself||"Hace tiempo que debí contártelo" (Season 2, Episode 1)|
- "Borderline (2009)" (in Spanish). FilmAffinity. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- "Biografía de Litzy Domínguez... Una actriz que te enamora con su voz" (in Spanish). Telemundo. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Juan de Dios Pinon Lopez. "The Incursion of Azteca America Into the U.S. Latino Media" (in Spanish). Google books. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Litzy, la protagonista de 'Amarte así, frijolito'" (in Spanish). Diario El País. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Litzy será Pecadora al lado de Eduardo Capetillo" (in Spanish). informador.com.mx. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Yahir y Litzy se transforman por "Quiéreme tonto"" (in Spanish). informador.com.mx. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Huáscar Robles. "Eugenio Siller está listo para una nueva etapa" (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Terra Network. "Litzy cae en las drogas y prostitución en "Señora Acero"" (in Spanish). Entretenimiento Terra. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Flor Rubio. ""Señora Acero" arrancará en mayo grabaciones de nueva temporada: Litzy." (in Spanish). Grupo Fórmula. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Amanda Kondolojy. "Production Begins for Telemundo's Super Series 'Señora Acero' Starring Blanca Soto". tvbythenumbers. Retrieved March 24, 2015.