|Born||January 29, 1983|
|Height||1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||69 kg (152 lb)|
She competed in the 2004 Summer Olympics, and won the gold medal in the 69 kg class.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics she won the gold medal in the 69 kg class, while setting new records in the snatch and clean and jerk with a lift of 128 kg and 158 kg respectively for a world record total of 286 kg. Her world record total of 286 kg set in Beijing would have been enough win and set the Olympic record set in Beijing, as well as tie the world record held by Svetlana Podobedova in the 75 kg category (heavyweight). She became the first ever woman to defend her Olympic title in weightlifting.
On 12 January 2017 it was announced that because of a doping violation she had been disqualified from the 2008 Olympic Games.
Personal bests (69 kg)
- Snatch: 128 kg (2008 Summer Olympics, disqualified in 2017)
- Clean and Jerk: 158 kg (2008 Summer Olympics, disqualified in 2017)
- Total: 286 kg (2008 Summer Olympics, disqualified in 2017)
- Jerk (off rack): 175 kg (training claim)
- Front Squat: 200.0 kg
- Back Squat: 230.0 kg (Raw women's 69 kg all-time world record)
- "Weltrekordfestival von Liu Chunhong". ARD Sport (in German). 2003-11-20. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- "Chinese Liu Chunhong breaks 3 world records -- china.org.cn". www.china.org.cn. Retrieved 2019-09-23.
- "LIU Chunhong". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27.
- "Liu Chunhong breaks women's weightlifting world,record". xinhuanet.
- "IOC sanctions eight athletes for failing anti-doping test at Beijing 2008 and London 2012". IOC. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- Chunhong Liu at databaseOlympics.com at the Wayback Machine (archived 2007-09-29)
- Chunhong Liu at Athens2004.com
- Chunhong Liu at the International Olympic Committee
- Liu Chunhong at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
|This article about a Chinese Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in the People's Republic of China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|