|Chinese name||廖啟智 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||廖启智 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Liào Qǐzhì (Mandarin)|
|Jyutping||Liu6 Kai2 Zi3 (Cantonese)|
|Born||7 April 1954|
British Hong Kong
|Spouse(s)||Money Chan Man-yee (m.1987)|
Liu Kai-chi (Chinese: 廖啟智) is a Hong Kong actor, best known for his "everyman" supporting roles. For 25 years he worked for TVB, Hong Kong's first over-the-air commercial station, but did not renew his contract in 2005.
Although Liu was interested in acting at an early age, he first worked behind the scenes as a camera assistant, lighting and in sound production to accumulate industry experience before becoming an actor.
Two out of seventeen Hong Kong Television Network drama productions were selected by a public poll for their online launch on 19 November 2014. Liu was cast in a leading role for both dramas The Election and The Borderline.
|The Bund II|
|1986||New Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre|
|Heir to the Throne Is...||Man Tim-fuk / Emperor Wen of Han|
|1991||Police on the Road||Inspector Lee|
|1993||The Mystery of the Condor Hero|
|1995||Detective Investigation Files III|
|1996||ICAC Investigators 1996||Hung Kwok-chun||Episode 4: The Awakening of the Albatron Dream|
|1998||ICAC Investigators 1998||Lam Cheuk-sang||Episode 3: The Boss Got Brains|
|1999||Game of Deceit|
|The Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain||Ping Ah-say|
|2001||A Step into the Past||Scientist|
|A Taste of Love||Chu Cheung Wong|
|Virtues of Harmony||Bo Lo To|
|2002||Whatever It Takes||Mo Yung Bak|
|Good Against Evil|
|2003||Survivor's Law||Cheuk Fan|
|Witness to a Prosecution II|
|The 'W' Files|
|2005||Misleading Track||Yan Ming|
|The Academy||Hor Sum|
|The Herbalist's Manual|
|Ten Brothers||Man Sai Hung|
|2009||The Winter Melon Tale||Tin Tai Fu/Fan Tung|
|2014||The Borderline||To Yat-fei|
|The Election||Sung Man-san|
|2016||Law dis-Order||KC Lau Kan-cheung|
- "Hong Kong Cinemagic Profile". Hong Kong Cinemagic. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- Pong, Johannes (2010-08-05). "Liu Kai-chi". HK Magazine. Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- "港視17劇大曬冷 TVB強陣迎戰" [HKTV goes all in, TVB welcomes the challenge with a strong defense]. Ming Pao (in Chinese). 2014-11-12. Archived from the original on 14 November 2014. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- Lo, Wei (2011-12-28). "Youth tempted by drugs just need a dose of love". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- Goh, Lilian (2006-08-10). "The ultimate sacrifice". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- Liu Kai-chi at imdb.com
- Liu Kai-chi at chinesemov.com
- "Profile at the Hong Kong Baptist University's Academy of Film". Hong Kong Baptist University's Academy of Film. Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- Webster, Andy (2012-08-30). "No Bullet, but Plenty of Questions". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- Kwok, Kar Peng (2012-08-31). "Li Nanxing puts sorrow aside to promote movie". AsiaOne. Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- "Ip Man: the Final Fight". China Internet Information Center. 2013-03-20. Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- Lee, Maggie (2014-02-09). "Berlin Film Review: 'That Demon Within'". Variety.com. Retrieved 2015-01-21.