Liu Shishi (刘诗施)
March 10, 1987
|Other names||Cecilia Liu|
|Alma mater||Beijing Dance Academy|
|Agent||Tangren Media (2007–2016)|
Liu Shishi Studio (2017–present)
Liu Shishi (born 10 March 1987), also known as Cecilia Liu, is a Chinese actress who graduated from the Beijing Dance Academy with a major in ballet. She is best known for her roles as Long Kui in the television series Chinese Paladin 3 and Ruoxi in the Chinese time-travel drama Scarlet Heart.
Liu is known as one of the New Four Dan Actresses.
2005–2010: Beginnings and Rising popularity
Having been trained in ballet at the Beijing Dance Academy, Liu Shishi made her acting debut in the television drama series The Moon and the Wind (2005). She included a segment of Swan Lake in one of her scenes. She then starred in wuxia drama The Young Warriors (2006) and shenmo television series The Fairies of Liaozhai (2007).
In 2007, Liu graduated from Beijing Dance Academy and was signed on by Tangren Media, successfully making her transition from a dancer to an actress. She then starred as Mu Nianci in the wuxia drama The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2008), which gained her more recognition.
In 2009, Liu gained popularity after appearing in the hit fantasy action drama Chinese Paladin 3; her role as Long Kui broke her previous typecasting as a "gentle, kind, and understanding maiden" and received positive reviews from critics and fans.
In 2010, Liu starred in the historical drama A Weaver on the Horizon, based on the life story of Huang Daopo. Originally cast in the role of the lead female protagonist, Liu instead chose to portray the princess Zhao Jiayi, as she felt that the character's developments would challenge her acting.
2011–2012: Breakthrough and Film debut
The year 2011 saw Liu's further rise in popularity with two successful dramas. She starred alongside Wallace Huo in period action drama The Vigilantes In Masks, which received positive reviews and led to increased popularity for Liu. She then played the female protagonist, Ruoxi in the time travel historical romance series, Scarlet Heart, based on the novel Bu Bu Jing Xin by Tong Hua. Scarlet Heart became a major sleeper hit in China, and swiftly gained popularity across East Asia. Liu, then a rising actress, was propelled to stardom. Liu bagged several awards at local award-giving bodies for her performance, including Most Popular Actress awards at the China TV Drama Awards and Shanghai Television Festival.
Liu then focused her career on the big screen; she made her feature film debut in The Next Miracle, directed by Taiwanese filmmaker Zhuo Li. She also filmed two other movies, Sad Fairy Tale and A Moment of Love.
In 2012, Liu starred in fantasy action drama Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar of Sky, adapted from the video game of the same name. The series topped TV ratings and garnered 2 billion views online, becoming the 9th drama in Hunan TV's broadcast history to achieve that feat. Liu's soaring popularity due to Scarlet Heart in 2011 coupled with Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar of Sky in 2012 allowed her to become the "Golden Eagle Goddess" at the 9th China Golden Eagle TV Art Festival. Liu was also chosen by Southern Metropolis Daily as one of the new Four Dan Actresses alongside Angelababy, Yang Mi and Ni Ni.
2013–present: Mainstream popularity
In 2013, Liu starred in action comedy Badges of Fury alongside Jet Li. She then starred in wuxia film Brotherhood of Blades, alongside Taiwanese actor Chang Chen, which received critical acclaim. Liu was nominated for Best Actress at the China Film Directors' Guild Awards for her performance.
In 2014, Liu returned to the small screen with historical romance drama Sound of the Desert, based on the novel Ballad of the Desert written by Tong Hua. The series topped television and web ratings domestically, and was also well-received overseas. Liu then starred in romance film Five Minutes to Tomorrow playing dual roles. She and co-stars Haruma Miura and Joseph Chang attended the 19th Busan International Film Festival for the premiere of the film, where she received the Asia Star Award.
In 2016, Liu headlined the historical drama The Imperial Doctress, based on the life of Tan Yunxian, a famous female physician during China's Ming Dynasty. The drama topped television ratings its run and received positive reviews, and Liu won the Most Influential Actress award at 1st China Television Drama Quality Ceremony for her performance.
In 2017, Liu starred along veteran actors Wang Qianyuan and Cao Bingkun in the spy drama, The Battle at Dawn; produced by the Ministry of Public Security. The same year, she played a young single mother in romance melodrama Angelo alongside Ming Dao. Liu then starred in historical fantasy drama Lost Love in Times alongside William Chan, as well as the crime suspense film The Liquidator where she played a palaeoichnology expert.
In 2019, Liu starred in the romance melodrama If I Can Love You So alongside Tong Dawei. The series has previously completed filming in 2016. The same year, she announced her comeback after two years with the female-centric modern drama To Dear Myself.
Liu registered her marriage with Scarlet Heart co-star Nicky Wu on January 20, 2015 and the wedding ceremony was held in Bali, Indonesia on March 20, 2016. On April 28, 2019, Liu gave birth to their son.
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes/Ref.|
|2006||The Legend of Lu Xiaofeng||陆小凤传奇||Sun Xiuqing||television film|
|2012||The Next Miracle||下一个奇迹||Li Jiayi|||
|Sad Fairy Tale||伤心童话||Yang Jia|||
|2013||Badges of Fury||不二神探||Liu Jingshui|||
|A Moment of Love||回到爱开始的地方||Ji Yaqing|||
|2014||Brotherhood of Blades||绣春刀||Zhou Miaotong|||
|Five Minutes to Tomorrow||深夜前的五分钟||Ruo Lan / Ru Mei|||
|2017||The Liquidator||心理罪之城市之光||Mi Nan|||
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Network||Notes/Ref.|
|2005||The Moon and the Wind||月影风荷||Yang Fenghe / Yan Xiulian||Xiamen TV|||
|2006||Flying Like a Butterfly||飞花如蝶||Shanghai TV||Qi'er|||
|The Young Warriors||少年杨家将||Lady Luo||CTV|||
|2007||The Fairies of Liaozhai||聊斋奇女子||Xin Shisiniang||Sichuan Channel|||
|2008||The Legend of the Condor Heroes||射雕英雄传||KMTV||Mu Nianci|||
|2009||Chinese Paladin 3||仙剑奇侠传3||Long Kui||Taizhou Broadcasting Station|||
|The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber||倚天屠龙记||Yellow Dress Maiden||Wenzhou TV||Special appearance|
|2010||Tale of the Oriental Serpent||白蛇后传||Yin Shuangshuang||Hangzhou TV|||
|A Weaver on the Horizon||天涯织女||Zhao Jiayi||Nanning TV|||
|2011||The Vigilantes In Masks||怪俠一枝梅||Yan Sanniang||Shenzhen TV, Southeast TV|||
|Scarlet Heart||步步惊心||Ma'ertai Ruoxi / Zhang Xiao||Hunan TV|||
|2012||Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar of Sky||轩辕剑之天之痕||Taba Yu'er|||
|2013||The Patriot Yue Fei||精忠岳飞||Lady Yang||Zhejiang TV, Anhui TV, Shandong TV, Tianjin TV||Special appearance|
|2014||Scarlet Heart 2||步步惊情||Zhang Xiao / Lan Lan||Zhejiang TV|||
|Sound of the Desert||风中奇缘||Xin Yue||Hunan TV|||
|Incisive Great Teacher||犀利仁师||Lu Yunfei||Dragon TV, Zhejiang TV|||
|2016||The Imperial Doctress||女医·明妃传||Tan Yunxian||Dragon TV, Jiangsu TV|||
|Precious Youth||那年青春我们正好||Liu Ting||Dragon TV, Zhejiang TV|||
|2017||The Battle at the Dawn||黎明决战||Song Hongling||Beijing TV, Dragon TV|||
|Angelo||天使的幸福||Li Xiaohan||Mango TV|||
|Lost Love in Times||醉玲珑||Feng Qingchen||Dragon TV||Co-producer|
|2019||If I Can Love You So||如果可以这样爱||Bai Kao'er||Hunan TV|||
|2020||To Dear Myself||亲爱的自己||Li Siyu|||
|2021||My Best Friend's Story||流金岁月||Jiang Nansun||Dragon TV|||
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes/Ref.|
|2009||Dream Zhu Xian||梦幻诛仙||Liu Xiaoxiao / Mo Li / Zhen'er|||
|2011||Dream Back to Mount Deer||梦回鹿鼎记||Suo Feiya|||
|2004||The Night of Falling Flowers||落花之夜||Shao Bing|
|When the Wind is the Coldest||风最冷的时候|
|2008||Go and Love||去爱吧||Hu Ge|||
|2009||Love Until I Am Alone||爱得剩我一个人||Chen Long|
|Dare to Love||敢不敢爱||Hu Ge|
|2011||I Am Not Going To Be A Hero||我不做英雄|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Album||Notes/Ref.|
|2011||"Season of Waiting"||等你的季节||Scarlet Heart OST|
|2016||"Holding Hands"||手牽手||with Nicky Wu|
|2017||"He Zhe Ban Ruo"||何者般若||The Liquidator OST|||
Awards and nominations
|2012||18th Shanghai Television Festival||Most Popular Actress||Scarlet Heart||Won|||
|9th China Golden Eagle TV Art Festival||Golden Eagle Goddess||N/A||Won|||
|8th Huading Awards||Best Actress (Ancient Drama)||Scarlet Heart||Nominated|||
|Best New Actress||Nominated|
|Actress with the Most Media Popularity||Won|
|2014||19th Busan International Film Festival||Asian Star Award||N/A||Won|||
|6th Macau International Movie Festival||Best Actress||Five Minutes to Tomorrow||Nominated|
|2015||6th China Film Directors' Guild Awards||Best Actress||Brotherhood of Blades||Nominated|||
|15th Huading Awards||Best Actress (TV)||Scarlet Heart 2||Nominated|||
|2017||22nd Huading Awards||Best Actress||The Imperial Doctress||Nominated|||
|2019||Golden Bud - The Fourth Network Film And Television Festival||Best Actress||If I Can Love You So||Nominated|||
|2011||Grand Ceremony of New Forces||Most Anticipated Actress by the Media||Scarlet Heart||Won|||
|Sohu Internet TV Festival||Most Popular Actress||Won|||
|Best On-screen Couple (with Nicky Wu)||Won|
|2nd China Student Television Festival||Most Popular Actress||Won|||
|Nanning Television Festival||Audience's Favorite Actress||Won|
|2011 Tudou Video Marketing Award Ceremony||Most Popular Actress||Won|||
|Youku Television Awards||Actress with the Most Ratings Appeal||Won|||
|8th Esquire Man At His Best Awards||Most Popular Female Artist||N/A||Won|||
|3rd China TV Drama Awards||Media Recommendation Award||N/A||Won|||
|2012||5th DMA (DienAnh.Net Movie Awards)||Most Popular Actress (Mainland China)||N/A||Won|||
|3rd LeTV Entertainment Awards||Most Commercially Valuable Actress||N/A||Won|||
|4th China TV Drama Awards||Most Popular Actress||Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar of Sky||Won|||
|2013||BQ Celebrity Score Awards||Most Influential Hot Figure||N/A||Won|||
|2014||Weibo Awards Night||Weibo Queen||N/A||Won|||
|8th Baidu Fudian Awards||Most Popular Female Artiste||N/A||Won|||
|6th China TV Drama Awards||Most Commercially Valuable Actress||N/A||Won|||
|2016||1st China Television Drama Quality Ceremony||Most Influential Actress||The Imperial Doctress||Won|||
|5th iQiyi All-Star Carnival||Best Actress (TV)||N/A||Won|||
|Baidu Entertainment||Figure of the Year||N/A||Won|||
|2017||2nd China Television Drama Quality Ceremony||Most Influential Actress||N/A||Won|||
|2018||Weibo Awards Night||Weibo Goddess||N/A||Won|||
|2019||Cosmo Glam Night||Person of The Year (Dream)||N/A||Won|||
- 《月影风荷》片场传真--刘诗诗小荷才露尖尖角. Sina (in Chinese). January 10, 2005.
- 《少年杨家将》开播 陈龙袁弘刘诗诗鹭岛会影迷. Tencent (in Chinese). November 2, 2006.
- 《聊斋奇女子》热播 "穆念慈"化身"狐仙". Tencent (in Chinese). July 16, 2008.
- 新人演员袁弘、刘诗诗聊新版《射雕英雄传》. Sina (in Chinese). June 12, 2007.
- 刘诗诗宣传《射雕英雄传》跳芭蕾成全场亮点. Sina (in Chinese). September 8, 2008.
- 刘诗诗《仙剑3》挑战双重人格 红葵造型惊艳. Tencent (in Chinese). October 22, 2018.
- 刘诗诗入主《衣被天下》 首度挑战刁蛮公主. Sina (in Chinese). November 12, 2009.
- 《怪侠一枝梅》开年爆红 刘诗诗人气激增. Tencent (in Chinese). January 12, 2011.
- 刘诗诗人气步步高升 《步步惊心》挑大梁. Tencent (in Chinese). January 18, 2011.
- "Time for a change". China Daily. November 2, 2011.
- "Rising Star". AsiaOne. February 8, 2014.
- "Top 10 popular Chinese TV dramas overseas". China.org.cn. April 7, 2014.
- 《下一个奇迹》刘诗诗：穿越职场成事业女王. Tencent (in Chinese). March 27, 2012.
- 《伤心童话》进军暑期档 刘诗诗拒绝"姐弟恋". Tencent (in Chinese). February 15, 2012.
- 《轩辕剑》首波定妆照曝光 刘诗诗形象百变(图). Sina (in Chinese). July 5, 2011.
- 刘诗诗《轩辕剑》再演小姨子的诱惑. Sina (in Chinese). July 23, 2012.
- 《轩辕剑》大结局完美收官 开创周播剧新纪元. Tencent (in Chinese). September 5, 2012.
- 盘点金鹰女神：刘诗诗大气 刘亦菲优雅. Sina (in Chinese). September 6, 2012.
- 10年之后再评花旦. Southern Metropolis Daily (in Chinese). January 2013. Archived from the original on 2017-07-29.
- 《不二神探》曝新特辑 刘诗诗百变陈妍希娇蛮. Mtime (in Chinese). June 8, 2013.
- "Badges of Fury: Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. June 24, 2013.
- 《绣春刀》刘诗诗华贵再现"经典美人图". Sina (in Chinese). July 30, 2014.
- 《绣春刀》首日排片第二 成近期口碑最好武侠片. Xinhua News Agency (in Chinese). August 8, 2014.
- "Nominations for China Film Directors Guild Award released". China.org.cn. March 18, 2015.
- 《风中奇缘》彭于晏刘诗诗胡歌缘定风中. Sina (in Chinese). September 30, 2014.
- 《风中奇缘》收视双网第一 大结局前篇引热议. Tencent (in Chinese). November 20, 2014.
- 《深夜前的5分钟》曝海报预告 定档10月23日 刘诗诗分饰两角陷四角恋. Mtime (in Chinese). August 6, 2014.
- "Crew of film "Five Minutes To Tomorrow" attend Busan Int'l Film Festival". Xinhua News Agency. October 4, 2014.
- "Liu Shishi stuns award ceremony in S. Korea". China Daily. October 6, 2014. Archived from the original on June 21, 2015. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- "Liu Shishi and Huo Jianhua Reunite for TV Drama "The Imperial Doctress"". China Radio International. February 20, 2016.
- 刘诗诗凭《女医》获最具影响力演员奖 再获肯定. NetEase (in Chinese). March 9, 2016.
- "TV series to shine spotlight on policemen". China.org.cn. March 16, 2017.
- 《天使的幸福》定档 明道刘诗诗携手打造纯美爱恋. Netease (in Chinese). May 16, 2017.
- 花千骨班底拍《醉玲珑》刘诗诗陈伟霆虐恋. Sina (in Chinese). August 25, 2016.
- 《心理罪之城市之光》曝概念海报 邓超刘诗诗领衔. Sina (in Chinese). February 21, 2017.
- 《如果可以这样爱》终定档 佟大为刘诗诗暖爱上线. Sina (in Chinese). April 29, 2019.
- 电视剧《亲爱的自己》开机 刘诗诗朱一龙领衔主演. Ynet (in Chinese). October 10, 2019.
- 吴奇隆刘诗诗领证 晒婚戒感言珍惜幸福. Sina (in Chinese). January 20, 2015.
- "Liu Shishi and Nicky Wu marry in Bali". China Daily. March 21, 2016.
- "Nicky Wu and Cecilia Liu welcome baby boy". Asiaone. April 29, 2019.
- 《陆小凤与花满楼》将播 毛林林刘诗诗PK. Sohu (in Chinese). January 8, 2015.
- 刘诗诗18岁旧照曝光 清纯甜美神似刘亦菲. ifeng (in Chinese). December 8, 2015.
- 《倚天》即将杀青 黄衫女刘诗诗"征服"张纪中. Tencent (in Chinese). March 9, 2009.
- 刘诗诗《白蛇后传》演绎画中仙 成宅男梦中情人. Netease (in Chinese). February 10, 2010.
- 《岳飞》刘诗诗客串盲女 搭档吴秀波. Sina (in Chinese). July 3, 2013.
- 《步步惊情》刘诗诗饰两角再恋吴奇隆. Sina (in Chinese). April 22, 2013.
- 《犀利仁师》吴奇隆刘诗诗携手挑战喜剧. Sina (in Chinese). August 20, 2013.
- 《那年青春》开机 刘诗诗郑恺首度牵手. Sina (in Chinese). July 6, 2015.
- 亦舒《流金岁月》陈道明董子健加盟，刘诗诗倪妮或演闺蜜. Beijing News (in Chinese). April 29, 2020.
- 《梦幻诛仙》选角 刘诗诗将演柳潇潇. Tencent (in Chinese). September 6, 2009.
- 《梦回鹿鼎记》激发“若曦”刘诗诗打女天赋. Sohu (in Chinese). August 31, 2011.
- 刘诗诗参演微电影《戏梦》 本色出镜形象大逆转. Tencent (in Chinese). February 5, 2013.
- 胡歌《去爱吧》MV曝光 刘诗诗友情出演哭功一流. ifeng (in Chinese). April 28, 2008.
- 《城市之光》发主题曲《何者般若》MV 刘诗诗献声. Sina (in Chinese). December 11, 2017.
- 白玉兰奖颁奖 吴奇隆刘诗诗获网络人气男女演员. iFeng (in Chinese). June 15, 2012.
- 2012华鼎奖中国百强电视剧提名名单. Xinhua News Agency (in Chinese). November 9, 2012.
- 华鼎奖两大榜单揭晓 周迅只角逐最佳女演员. China News (in Chinese). January 5, 2015.
- 华鼎奖提名公布投票开启 《人民》吴刚陆毅齐入围. Sina (in Chinese). April 28, 2017.
- 金骨朵网络影视盛典提名揭晓 王一博肖战杨紫等入围. Ynet (in Chinese). November 25, 2019.
- 影视风云榜新势力盛典举行 杨幂获大奖拍戏挂彩. Sina (in Chinese). October 26, 2011.
- 搜狐电视剧盛典刘诗诗洒泪 凭“惊心”赚足人气. Sohu (in Chinese). October 27, 2011.
- 大学生电视节闭幕 刘诗诗杜淳获最受喜爱演员奖. Tencent (in Chinese). November 2, 2011.
- 2011土豆网视频营销盛典在沪举行. Meihua (in Chinese).
- 众星闪耀大剧盛典 刘诗诗林心如柳岩拼性感(图). People's Daily (in Chinese). December 16, 2011.
- 刘诗诗时尚先生盛典入围年度人气女艺人(图). Sina (in Chinese). December 7, 2011.
- 安徽卫视2011国剧盛典获奖名单. Sina (in Chinese). January 1, 2012.
- 黄晓明刘诗诗越南获奖 成中国最受欢迎男女演员. Xinhua News Agency (in Chinese). May 8, 2012.
- 何润东成最具商业价值演员 自曝明年结婚生子. Tencent (in Chinese). October 10, 2012.
- 安徽国剧盛典落幕 张嘉译孙俪分获视帝后. Sina (in Chinese). January 1, 2013.
- 刘诗诗夺最具影响力红人 水蓝长裙优雅亮相. Sohu (in Chinese). November 9, 2013.
- 陈坤封王刘诗诗称后 (in Chinese). January 17, 2014.
- 2014百度沸点人气榜出炉 看看榜单背后的奇葩粉. Youth.cn (in Chinese). December 30, 2014.
- 安徽卫视国剧盛典 2014：最具商业价值女演员 刘诗诗. Youku (in Chinese).
- 谢娜刘诗诗遭催生 黄轩帮挡驾自曝空窗四年. NetEase (in Chinese). December 24, 2016.
- 百度娱乐人物颁奖现场 刘诗诗亲手摊煎饼喂粉丝. NetEase (in Chinese). November 18, 2016.
- "Archived copy" 品质盛典：孙俪着戏装现身 胡歌现场致敬老艺术家. NetEase (in Chinese). March 3, 2017. Archived from the original on April 13, 2017. Retrieved April 29, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- 袁泉胡静刘诗诗倪妮获微博年度女神荣誉. Sina (in Chinese). January 18, 2018.
- 时尚传承 美丽永恒！2019COSMO时尚美丽盛典闪耀上海. Qianlong (in Chinese). December 4, 2019.
- 2012福布斯中国名人榜揭晓 范冰冰跃居内地榜首. Sohu (in Chinese). May 4, 2012.
- "2013 Forbes China Celebrity 100 List: Fan Bingbing in Top Spot". JayneStars. April 24, 2013.
- "2014 Forbes China Celebrity List (Full List)". Forbes. May 6, 2014.
- "2015 Forbes China Celebrity List (Full List)". Forbes. May 13, 2015.
- "2017 Forbes China Celebrity List (Full List)". Forbes. September 22, 2017.
- "福布斯中国发布2020名人榜，00后少年易烊千玺荣登榜首". Forbes China (in Chinese). August 27, 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Liu Shishi.|