|Sara Liu Xijun|
|Chinese name||劉惜君 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||刘惜君 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Liú Xījūn (Mandarin)|
|Jyutping||Lau4 Sik1 Gwan1 (Cantonese)|
April 30, 1988
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
|Label(s)||Classic Music Queen in Mainland China 2009 EE-Media (2009-present)|
Sara Liu Xijun (simplified Chinese: 刘惜君; traditional Chinese: 劉惜君; pinyin: Líu Xījūn; Jyutping: Lau4 Sik1 Gwan1), is a Chinese pop singer who rose to fame through televised singing competitions. Born April 30, 1988 in Shenzhen, Guangdong of Hakka Meixian ancestry, she began as a singer by ranking fifth in the fourth season (2009) of a singing contest in China, Super Girls (Chinese: 快乐女声), or Happy Girl.
- In 2009, Liu Xijun decided to take part in the famous Hunan TV show Super Girl, but she failed to rank with the Hunan TV Super Girl nationwide top 3. Her musical experience is listed below.
- Personal experience:
- In 2003, Liu Xijun started to show her shining talent: she was awarded as a top 10 school singer in a Shenzhen shatoujiao school singing competition.
- In February 2004, when the little Xijun was only fifteen years old, she won the championship of a local famous singing competition, which was hosted by Shenzhen Aoqi Music Inc, and then was signed by this music company.
- In March 2009, she attended a TV show hosted by Zhejiang TV, representing Shenzhen City. Liu Xijun joined the Super Girl 2009 competition. Her goal was to be in the top 20 in Guangdong Province and top 300 nationwide. She became one of the top 60 nationwide on June 13, 2009. With her outstanding talent, she later ranked with the top 20 nationwide.
- On June 26, 2009, Liu Xijun beat Zeng Yike by just one vote at Super Girl national competition and became the third Super Girl top 10 competitor.
- On July 17, 2009, she competed with Yu Kewei to be the cover girl for the fashion magazine Elle.
- On July 24, 2009, Liu Xijun was ranked fourth in Round 2 of the Super Girl National final competition.
- On August 1, 2009, she was voted fourth in Round 3 of the Super Girl National final competition; advancing past Tan Lina to become one of the nationwide top 7.
- On August 8, 2009, Liu Xijun sang "Sky", and moved all the judges and brought them to their feet; however, she failed to become Elle cover girl that week.
- On August 15, 2009, she beat Tan Lina in the final PK and became one of the top 5 finalists at Super Girl.
- On August 22, 2009, Liu Xijun together with Yu Haomin, sang the classical song "Embrace" and high acclaim from the judges and the audience.
Unfortunately, Liu Xijun lost her challenge to Yu Kewei with her song "I Only Care for You". Even with her defeat, Liu left the stage gracefully with a smile on her beautiful face.
|Guangzhou elimination competition||《崇拜》||Fish Leong||Safe|
|《那些花儿》||Pu Shu / Christine Fan|
|Guangzhou elimination competition 30/50||《下一个天亮》||Guo Jing||Safe|
|Guangzhou elimination competition 20/30||《伤痕》||Lin Ylian||Safe|
|National elimination competition 60/300||《到不了》||Christine Fan||Safe|
|National elimination competition 20/60||《我期待》||Zhang Yusheng||Safe|
|National elimination competition 10/18||《暧昧》||Hou Xiangting||Safe|
|National elimination competition 7/10 round 1||《祝福》||Sally Yeh||Through|
|National elimination competition 7/10 round 2||《南海姑娘》||Teresa Teng||Through|
|National elimination competition 7/10 round 3||《万水千山总是情》||Wang Minggui||Safe|
|National elimination competition 6/7||《野百合也有春天》||Pan Yueyun & Meng Tingwei||Safe|
|National elimination competition 5/6||《亲爱的小孩》||Su Rui||Safe|
|《Think of Me》||Emmy Rossum|
|《Zai shui yi fang》||Teresa Teng|
|National elimination competition 4/5||《深情相拥》||Winnie Hsin & Leslie Cheung||Eliminated|
Liu Xijun has high personal music recognition accuracy in terms of her voice, therefore, people can easily distinguish her voice by listening to her songs. Liu Xijun’s musical style could be categorized as classical pop music, such as Deng Lijun, she owned nearly all the characters which Chinese traditional singers have had.[clarification needed] Even though her songs still have her own features, taking "Love Garden" for instance, this song is standard pop music, depicting a tale of a girl’s first love. Having experienced Super Girl 2009 as her precious fortune, Liu Xijun improved her singing skills greatly when she signed with EEMEDIA after Super Girl, and started her new music career.
Albums and EPs (extended plays)
|Album type||Album information||Track listing|
|2nd EP||Sara's Sky
|1st Studio||The Love Garden
|3rd Studio||Cherish· Jun
|4rd Studio||When everything around was empty
|5th studio||I Like it
- The Highest of All (高高至上) 27 February 2010
- The Rhododendron Flower Blooms Again (羊角花又开) 12 August 2010