Liv Boeree in 2015
|Born||18 July 1984|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|European Poker Tour|
Olivia "Liv" Boeree (born 18 July 1984) is a poker player, television presenter, and model from England who won the 2010 European Poker Tour in Sanremo. Born in Kent, Boeree studied at Ashford School before going on to earn a First Class Honours degree in Physics with Astrophysics at the University of Manchester. She was the #1 ranked female player on the Global Poker Index as of November 2015, and #6 on the female all-time live poker winnings list.
Boeree was introduced to the poker industry when she was selected as one of five contestants for the reality TV show Ultimatepoker.com Showdown, which aired on Five in autumn 2005. During the show she was coached by top poker players Phil Hellmuth, Annie Duke, and Dave Ulliott.
After the show, Boeree began playing poker regularly at the Gutshot Club in London, and from there became an on-screen reporter for Gutshot TV at the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. Soon after, she became the host of Challenge TV's on-line coverage of the European Poker Tour, also appearing as a reporter for the World Series of Poker Europe on WorldSeriesofPoker.com.
In May 2008, she won the 2008 Ladbrokes European Ladies Championships for $30,000.
On 21 April 2010, Boeree won the European Poker Tour main event in Sanremo, at the time the largest ever poker tournament held on European soil. Boeree won €1,250,000 and thereby became the third woman ever to win an EPT title.
At the 2017 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas, Boeree won event #2 for $273,964 with Russian poker player Igor Kurganov.
Other notable results include a runner-up finish in the 2014 UKIPT Edinburgh Main Event and a 3rd place finish in the EPT Barcelona High Roller event for €391,000 in August 2015.
Awards: Boeree won Female Player of the Year in 2014 , 2015 and 2016 at the European Poker Awards, as determined by Global Poker Index points she accumulated during those years. She was also awarded "Europe's Leading Lady" in 2010 at the European Poker Awards.
In February 2016, she was announced as the Team Manager of the Global Poker League team "The London Royals".
World Series of Poker bracelets
|2017||$10,000 Tag Team No Limit Hold'em Championship||$273,964|
In 2014, Boeree co-founded Raising for Effective Giving, an organization that educates poker players about Effective altruism, and fundraises for specifically selected highly effective charities.
She is the former co-host of the UK and Ireland Poker Tour, a weekly show that aired on Channel 4 in the UK.
On 29 September 2010, she appeared on BBC Breakfast alongside Boris Becker, and in May 2010, she was interviewed on ITV's GMTV by Lorraine Kelly about her European Poker Tour win.
- Butt, Robert. "Liv Boeree – Results". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 5 December 2008.
- "BBC News - Poker woman from Sittingbourne plays for £2.2m prize".
- "From pony club to poker star: Glamorous British 'Iron Maiden' wins £1m in card tournament".
- "2014 European Poker Awards Winners - European Poker Awards". European Poker Awards. 2015-02-08. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "European Poker Awards: Liv Boeree Female Player of the Year - PokerWomenNews". 26 March 2015.
- "European Poker Awards 2015 Award Winners - European Poker Awards". European Poker Awards. 2016-05-04. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Liv Boeree - Poker Pro and Maxim Model Olivia Boeree".
- "London Royals - Global Poker League".
- "News: Liv Boeree on Effective Altruism". www.pokerstrategy.com. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Raising for Effective Giving: About". Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Willis, Max (7 July 2014). "Boeree, Gruissem, Kurganov Team Up For Charity". Poker.co.uk. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "REG has officially raised $1,000,000 for highly effective charities! - Raising for Effective Giving".
- "News: Liv Boeree on the dangers of Artificial Intelligence". www.pokerstrategy.com. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- Zhang, Linch (2016-11-22). "The Poker Pro Who Wants to Save the World". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- BBC2, 19 December 2011