Live! (Bob Marley & the Wailers album)
|Live album by Bob Marley and The Wailers|
|Released||5 December 1975 (LP)
|Recorded||19 July 1975
Lyceum Theatre, London
|Label||Island (LP: ILPS 9376)
Tuff Gong (CD: 314 548 896-2)
|Producer||Bob Marley and the Wailers,
|Bob Marley and The Wailers chronology|
Live! is a Bob Marley and the Wailers live album, released on 5 December 1975. Live! was recorded 19 July 1975 at the Lyceum Theatre in London. The performance remains one of Marley's most famous. Danny Holloway, an Island employee, recorded 18 July and 19 July performances of Bob Marley and the Wailers using the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio.
A Deluxe Edition featuring two CDs and both 18 and 19 July performances in their entirety was initially set to be released by Universal Music on 14 February 2006, then subsequently postponed to 23 May, 30 September and 30 December, then delayed again. As of February 2016, the Deluxe Edition still remains unreleased.
Original album (1975)
|1.||"Trenchtown Rock"||Bob Marley||4:23|
|2.||"Burnin' and Lootin'"||Bob Marley||5:11|
|3.||"Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)"||Leon Cogill, Carlton Barrett||4:36|
|4.||"Lively Up Yourself"||Bob Marley||4:33|
|5.||"No Woman, No Cry"||Vincent Ford||7:07|
|6.||"I Shot the Sheriff"||Bob Marley||5:18|
|7.||"Get Up, Stand Up"||Bob Marley, Peter Tosh||6:28|
|The Definitive Remastered edition (2001)|
|8.||"Kinky Reggae" (bonus track; originally the B-side of "No Woman, No Cry")||Bob Marley||7:35|
- Bob Marley – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Carlton Barrett – drums
- Aston "Family Man" Barrett – bass
- Tyrone Downie – keyboards
- Al Anderson – lead guitar
- Alvin "Seeco" Patterson – percussion
- the "I Threes": (Rita Marley, Judy Mowatt, Marcia Griffiths) – backing vocals
- Recorded at the Lyceum, London, 19 July 1975
- Live sound mixing: Dave Harper
- Live recording by Rolling Stones Mobile
- Recording engineer: Steve Smith
- Mixed at: Basing Street Studios
- Mixing engineer: Phill Brown
- Many thanks to Don Taylor and Dave Harper for making everything happen.
- Bob Marley and the Wailers - produced the music
- Steve Smith & Chris Blackwell - produced the record
- Reissue supervised by Bill Levenson and Maxine Stowe with special thanks to the Marley Family and Chris Blackwell.
- Mastered from the original two track analog master tapes by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound, New York, 2001.
- Tape research by Jane Hitchin, David Lascelles, and Zoe Roberts at Universal Tape Library, London.
- LIVE! (Island ILPS 9376) was originally released 5 December 1975.