Live! (Fela Kuti album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Live album by Fela Ransome-Kuti and The Africa '70 with Ginger Baker|
|Released||August 30, 1971 (LP)
June 13, 2001 (CD)
Barclay/Universal Records (CD)
|Fela Ransome-Kuti and The Africa '70 with Ginger Baker chronology|
Live! is an album recorded in 1971 by Fela Kuti's band Africa 70, with the addition of former Cream drummer Ginger Baker on two songs. It was released in 1971 by EMI in Africa and Europe and by Capitol/EMI in the United States and Canada. It was reissued on CD by Celluloid in 1987 and was reissued on CD in remastered form by Barclay with a bonus track from 1978.
Baker travelled with Kuti into Africa in a Land Rover to learn about the continent's rhythms. The bonus track on the Barclay CD reissue features a 16-minute drum duet between Baker and Africa 70s drummer Tony Allen recorded at the 1978 Berlin Jazz Festival.
All songs by Fela Ransome-Kuti, except where noted.
- "Let's Start" - 8:06
- "Black Man's Cry" - 12:12
- "Ye Ye Dey Smell" - 13:55
- "Egbe Mi O (Carry Me I Want To Die)" - 12:37
Bonus track :
- "Ginger Baker and Tony Allen Drum Solo" - live 1978 (Fela Kuti, Ginger Baker, Tony Allen) - 16:21
- Fela Kuti: Hammond organ, percussion, vocals.
- Ginger Baker: Drums, percussion, African drums, congas, vocals.
- Tunde Williams: Trumpet.
- Eddie Faychum: Trumpet.
- Igo Chiko: Tenor saxophone.
- Lekan Animashaun: Baritone saxophone.
- Peter Animashaun: Guitars.
- Maurice Ekpo: Double bass, electric bass guitar.
- Tony Allen: Drums, percussion.
- Henry Koffi: Percussion.
- Friday Jumbo: Percussion.
- Akwesi Korranting: Percussion.
- Tony Abayomi: Percussion.
- Isaac Olaleye: Percussion.
|This 1970s rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|