Live Phish Volume 1
|Live Phish Vol. 1|
|Live album by Phish|
|Released||September 18, 2001|
|Recorded||December 14, 1995|
|Live Phish Series chronology|
Live Phish Vol. 1 was recorded live at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton, New York on December 14, 1995. The show occurred towards the end of the band's 1995 fall tour, which featured a tour-long chess game between Phish and its audience. The second disc begins with a fan making a chess move onstage on behalf of the audience.
The show contains a rare (for 1995) extended jam out of "Halley's Comet", as well as the final appearance to date of "Keyboard Army" (until Dick's 09/06/2015 "THANK YOU" Set, a 684 show gap), a collaborative piece that debuted earlier the same year and features all four band members on keyboards.
The release reached a peak position of #97 on the Billboard 200 album chart.
- Set one:
- "Suzy Greenberg" (Anastasio, Pollak) - 7:22
- "Llama" (Anastasio) - 5:52
- "Horn" (Anastasio, Marshall) - 3:29
- "Foam" (Anastasio) - 10:53
- "Makisupa Policeman" (Anastasio, Marshall) - 6:43
- "Split Open and Melt" (Anastasio) - 14:41
- "Tela" (Anastasio) - 6:30
- "Taste" (Anastasio, Fishman, Gordon, Marshall, McConnell) - 8:00
- "My Sweet One" (Fishman) - 2:23
- "Frankenstein" (Winter) - 5:02
- Set two:
- "The Curtain" (Anastasio, Daubert) - 7:18
- "Tweezer" (Anastasio, Fishman, Gordon, McConnell) - 9:16
- "Timber" (White) - 4:57
- "Tweezer" (Anastasio, Fishman, Gordon, McConnell) - 9:47
- "Keyboard Army" (Anastasio, Fishman, Gordon, McConnell) - 3:48
- "Halley's Comet" (Wright) - 11:53
- "NICU" (Anastasio, Marshall) - 9:10
- "Slave to the Traffic Light" (Abrahams, Anastasio, Pollak) - 11:25
- Trey Anastasio - guitars, vocals
- Page McConnell - piano, organ, vocals
- Mike Gordon - bass, vocals
- Jon Fishman - drums, vacuum, vocals
Setlist from Phish.net
- Phish.net hosts a detailed setlist archive maintained by fans.
Thursday, 12/14/1995 Broome County Arena, Binghamton, NY
SET 1: Suzy Greenberg > Llama, Horn > Foam, Makisupa Policeman > Split Open and Melt, Tela, Taste That Surrounds, My Sweet One, Frankenstein
SET 2: The Curtain > Tweezer -> Timber (Jerry) -> Tweezer -> Keyboard Army, Halley's Comet -> NICU -> Slave to the Traffic Light
ENCORE: Bold As Love
Notes: The jam into Timber included a Slipknot! tease. Bold As Love was played for a fan up front with a sign requesting it. A humorous scene ensued when another fan got excited, as if Trey was referring to his Brother sign. Trey remarked that when fans bring signs, it has to be for a song the band wants to play.
- Jarnow, Jesse (2011). "Live Phish, Vol. 01 - Phish | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 8 August 2011.